PSD chips and prices

Matt

Hickey said:
What chips or programmer are you running and how much was it?
Are you experiencing better fuel mileage?
Time to upgrade the ford? Hickey we know people that can take care of your needs. :rofl:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Matt said:
Time to upgrade the ford? Hickey we know people that can take care of your needs. :rofl:
Dwayne is supposed to know a guy with a used programmer... I am a cheap bastard. :hickey: What do ya got?

Last edited:

Matt

Hickey said:
Dwayne is supposed to know a guy with a used programmer... I am a cheap bastard. :hickey: What do ya got?
Sorry nothing used over here. But if your looking for new, we know several people that will work you a deal. Programmer, intake, and some bigger exhaust you should be able to tow that chopper around easy. :D

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I want one the the chips Bill on DS programs. Right now I have a superchip that was in the truck when I got. I hear EGT's are a little hot with the superchip. Also heard injection service on 3rd west and 12th south can program chips....
Check ebay and the classifieds on DS.

Marc

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Matt said:
Sorry nothing used over here. But if your looking for new, we know several people that will work you a deal. Programmer, intake, and some bigger exhaust you should be able to tow that chopper around easy. :D
I am doing my own intake setup, home brew. What is the best chip for under 4 bills? I mainly want better fuel economy.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
rckcrlr said:
I hear EGT's are a little hot with the superchip.

My father used to run the superchip program in his. A few times pulling a large 5th wheel camper up some moderate inclines brought the Emissions light on a few times. Best thing to do would atleast have a pyrometer (which he didn't have) so you don't let it get that hot.

He has since removed the superchip program and is happy with the stock program.

Nate R

It's derby season!
Hickey said:
What chips or programmer are you running and how much was it?
Are you experiencing better fuel mileage?

Is the truck a 7.3? If so I would use an Edge Ez box or evolution programer also made by edge. The both work great and the are made in Ogden

Matt

Hickey said:
I am doing my own intake setup, home brew. What is the best chip for under 4 bills? I mainly want better fuel economy.
If your getting a deal on the used programmer thats the way to go. If not, then the edge-ez is probably the biggest bang for the buck. I dont know anyone not getting better milege thats chiped. ;)

Caleb

Hickey said:
Yes 7.3. Is anyone on here running an Evolution Programmer?

I ran one for about an hour:D

Sister's boyfriend bought one for his truck but he had to send it off to be re-flashed for his year but it came already setup for my year...so we programmed mine with the different settings...pretty fun to play with, and made me want one REAL bad...but can;t justify the cost right now:D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Matt said:
If your getting a deal on the used programmer thats the way to go. If not, then the edge-ez is probably the biggest bang for the buck. I dont know anyone not getting better milege thats chiped. ;)
Then hook me up with one. I don't need to win any races. I just want better fuel mileage and a little more oomph. :D Call me 554-0377 I will be home tomorrow all day.

Caleb

have you seen this thread? I have heard that the Juice is a sweet box, and it comes with an all digital gauge (pretty sweet setup actually, saw it on Trucks TV:p)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Supergper said:
have you seen this thread? I have heard that the Juice is a sweet box, and it comes with an all digital gauge (pretty sweet setup actually, saw it on Trucks TV:p)
They don't offer that for my 97 ford. only 99 and newer.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I think I will get that Edge-ez. Maybe the Edge Programmer if I get a good enough deal. I' have bought a lot of goodies for my truck lately :cool:

Nate R

It's derby season!
Hickey said:
They don't offer that for my 97 ford. only 99 and newer.

Edge will be offering the juice with attude real soon for the 7.3. But it is my thoughts that it is a little late since almost all 7.3 PSD already have gauges and
and a chip. Right now the only offer the juice for the 03-04 6.0 and the 2001-2004 LB7 and the 2004.5 LLY duramax. For the money the EZ is the way to go.