PSM takes out hummer

reddevil

'93 Cherokee
Just a picture of a Hummer tour I saw broke down on Poison Spider Mesa. Is no one safe :ugh:
P.S. We didn't break :rofl: .....that time :rolleyes:

Last edited:

reddevil

'93 Cherokee
No we went in Sept., but I would like to do all three trails some time.
So far I have only done Poison spider. How long does it take to do all 3?

toyotajunk2

We did poison Spider!

Me and my bro did Poison Spider and the Trio Saturday. We were in a Red Jeep and a Toyota. You weren't in the group with the broken down jeep were you?

Bone Down

toyotajunk2 said:
Me and my bro did Poison Spider and the Trio Saturday. We were in a Red Jeep and a Toyota. You weren't in the group with the broken down jeep were you?

Was it the Red TJ with all the crawler lighting and the White yota bobbed with roll bar and tire carrier (open diffs and 4 banger)?

If so yah that was us, I was in the Red and Black YJ.

You guys showed up around the time we were still pulling it out with the sami.

Brett you and Cody showed up just after these two went past us.

The green YJ ended up having a twisted slip yoke and broken u-joints (I am suprised he broke that stuff and not the open D35).

Bone Down

rxcarl5 said:
hey bone down did you get that rear end in for the trip?

No, but I am kind of glad I did not have it done yet.

I ran out of time and funds were tight, I was not able to get everything that I needed to finish up the front dana 44, and the SOA.

I still need to rebuld the D44 and obtain SYE, and F/R drivelines, 456s for the D44.

Bone Down

reddevil said:
No we went in Sept., but I would like to do all three trails some time.
So far I have only done Poison spider. How long does it take to do all 3?

It is a day long run, you will want to pack a lunch.
Depending on the time of the year (how long the day actually is), if you start at 9AM sharp you should exit around 5-6 in the evening.

This is going at a casual pace and no problems.

I can tell you this, it was my first time in Moab this past weekend and exiting hells revenge in the dark was not fun, exiting Golden Spike and doing all of Gold Bar in the dark flat out sucked.

The night makes all obsticles seem grander and harder then they actually are.

I did it with out complaining and still enjoyed it, however I would have liked to have been able to see the surrounding area and not just what was in the headlight beems.

On 11/5 we hit the trail at 10am and exited GBR at 8:30pm (pitch black night).

We could have finished this in decent time, but we had a few things happen along the way:

1. slow group in front of us.
2. needed to remove the sway bar and track bars F/R from one of the jeeps
3. later in the day I lost my brakes (easy fix little to no fluid 20 minutes downtime).
4. broken u-joints and twisted slipyoke.

other than that it was a pretty straight forward adventure.

toyotajunk2

Yeah that was us, The yota is mine(gears and lockers are coming). That was our first time on the that trail. It was long and not fun at night(trail isn't marked to well). Anyways sorry to hear about the break down. My bro broke his front axle shaft on his Jeep the next day on Hells Revenge! Guess he should've got a Toy! Good times though!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Bone Down said:
Brett you and Cody showed up just after these two went past us.

and then I passed them with broken jeep in tow while you guys were caught up in the snail races.
;)

it was probably closer to 11 when you started the trail since we were at the market still at 10:15....and I rolled into the restaurant at 8:30.....all in all that really isn't bad time for that trail. I've seen it take 14 hours plus for larger groups with problems. at any rate

good times. Glad to have met everyone.

Cody

Last edited:

Matt

You guys forgot to mention the dirt bike dude who broke his foot and had to be flown out! :eek: And we packed out his dirtbike for him on Chris's yota. :)

Last edited:

00harpdawg

yeah that was me in the red jeep tj i remember talking to you and yeah i did brake my axle just the joint though but hells revenge becomes a lot more fun in two wheel drive i had no problem in two wheel drive just remmeber the yota had to get pulled through the crack

Bone Down

Matt said:
You guys forgot to mention the dirt bike dude who broke his foot and had to be flown out! :eek: And we packed out his dirtbike for him on Chris's yota. :)

I did not forget, just did not list it up.
we spent about an hour helping this guy out with ice, water, and some ibuprophen.

This guy high sided on his bike then the bike landed on his ankle breaking both bones, only thing he did not do was break the skin making it a compound fracture.

We all loaded up his bike on the back of the black yota, and it was on there pretty well too.

3.5 hours of lying there and they life flighted this guy out finally to Grand Junction.

I think I will call him today and see how many pins he ended up with in his leg, last I heard was Sunday morning they had just taking him into surgery.

Bone Down

Well I just spoke to the guy and he broke both the fibia and tibia, there has a 1.5 inch area in what is referred to as the narrows that was crushed or shattered.

He is now sporting rods that start at just below the knee cap and extend all the way down to the foot with 6 large screws attaching everything together.

He also wants to extend his thanks to everyone that stopped and offered help and really wanted to thank our group for hauling the bike out for him, he indicates that this was the by far the biggest jesture of kindness to come out of the entire situation.

He was there a total of 4.5 hours and had to await two 6 wheeled kawasaki's to show up before they would even call in life flight, then it was another 1 hour flight to the hospital in Grand Junction.

Last edited: