Pssst, SNAP, Crunch, Shatter

P

pokeyYJ

That was the order that things went in, on my Moab trip.

Awesome time, but I had some exciting experiences in the Rover, First I got TWO flats on Cliffhanger, then the next day on Gold Bar/Golden Spike, I broke a passenger side inner axle shaft. Then as I tried to pull over the wall on Gold Bar I had to take a strap because 3 wheelin' it wasn't working and we were in a hurry.

Are you ready for this????

I got pulled up and droped my rear passenger into a hole, sending the ROVER TUMBLING DOWN ON ITS SIDE!!!!

I ROLED!! YEE HAAAAW!!!! :D :cool:

The Rover, which I am know calling Lucky (because off all the bad luck that I was having), faired pretty well, busted rear passenger side glass, smashed hood and fender, and smashed rear corner, and a little dent on the edge of the roof.

Pictures to come SOON!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
oooo yeah! pics man i forgot.

and video.

so what do you think thus far? you like the swap from the YJ to the weak axled weird pinion British made peice of.....hehehe...i kid, i kid!!!:D :D

really though, what do you think?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
not anymore with all the glass busted out. hope you cleaned it up you litterer!:D

i'd love to see the pics of you on your hands and knees in the big pile of endless broken, sharp, glass from your glass covered rig.:D

not really though, that's just mean.

P

pokeyYJ

Originally posted by SAMI
oooo yeah! pics man i forgot.

and video.

so what do you think thus far? you like the swap from the YJ to the weak axled weird pinion British made peice of.....hehehe...i kid, i kid!!!:D :D

really though, what do you think?

Video is a maybe, there were some guys from Twin Falls that may have gotten it on video, Pics are for sure, just have to load them up on the Puter.

I LOVE the Rover!!:cool:

I was trying lines that I would have NEVER tried in the YJ. The ride and flex is WORLDS better than the YJ, and now I have an excuse to bob the back of it.

The only problem is that I need to fix the radio that came flying out of the dash! And maybe next time I will be sure to wear my seat belt, stupid thing was locked when i got back in the Rover so I just decided to go without, well lets just put it this way -----> me inside the Rover ----->:rofl:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by pokeyYJ

And maybe next time I will be sure to wear my seat belt, stupid thing was locked when i got back in the Rover so I just decided to go without, well lets just put it this way -----> me inside the Rover ----->:rofl:
get a lap belt from the center of the back seat of another Rover, and bolt that in place so you can use just the lap belt when you are wheelin, and the regular one when you are not.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
yaya

shoulder belts suck!

nice effect with the rolling guy, and talking about rolling. clever.:D

P

pokeyYJ

Originally posted by Hickey
get a lap belt from the center of the back seat of another Rover, and bolt that in place so you can use just the lap belt when you are wheelin, and the regular one when you are not.

Yeah no kidding.

Actually it was a VERY slow roll, so I had time to brace myself and I even stayed in the seat. Now to deal with the flying stereo.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
just don't ever pull a SRN when in a tip over!

when he starts to tip, he thinks he can hold up his zuk with his super-geeky stregth......this DOESN'T work pokey, so don't try it.:D

wort

frenchie
Originally posted by SAMI
just don't ever pull a SRN when in a tip over!

when he starts to tip, he thinks he can hold up his zuk with his super-geeky stregth......this DOESN'T work pokey, so don't try it.:D

ha ha ha ha ha :rofl: "super geeky" ha ha

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
That sucks....

I second Hickey on the lapbelts for diggin'...

I got some 3" racing belts and I tell you what... what a comfort increase over the stockers... the wider belt cuts into you less...

Let this be an opportunity for you to make some improvements....:D

Did you drive it home?

demon jeep

Banned
Man it would have been worth skippy scool to see all of that.
How did they get a wrecker out to you to get you back on your wheels:D becouse a Jeep is not heavy enough to pull that tank over.:rofl:

Moon

Dude That suck you rolled. I don't care how cool everone thinks it is that you rolled your new family ride:rofl: Rolling any thing and getting damage that has to be fixed sucks no matter who you are. Expecialy someone that dosnt have alot of funds, and that is about everone of us except Shawn:eek: :rofl:
Sorry I didnt make it, next time for sure. How'd the wagie do? who was the strap man this trip? Toby get crazy anywere?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
um, yeah, he seems to be really broke up about it...:rolleyes:
shawn, how bout kicken down some of that unlimited funding?
How much do you get paid for being the ski lift operator anyway?

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Originally posted by pokeyYJ

The only problem is that I need to fix the radio that came flying out of the dash! And maybe next time I will be sure to wear my seat belt, stupid thing was locked when i got back in the Rover so I just decided to go without, well lets just put it this way -----> me inside the Rover ----->:rofl:

This is brilliant. Especially with some of the critisizum you give people and you can't wear a seatbelt:rolleyes: dumbsh!t

T

Toby

Here's a before pic in the Crack. I'll let Pokey post up the after shots.

Attachments

• moab 9-03 24f.jpg
    moab 9-03 24f.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 150