Pssst, SNAP, Crunch, Shatter

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
"Pssst, SNAP, Crunch, Shatter"
Looking at the title I thought this thread was about ARBs!:rofl:

Sucks that you rolled your new ride. Gonna fix it nice, or cut it up and wheel the wee out of it? That thing have a frame?

MORE PICS!

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Yeah, where are the pics?

Dude, do you work at Land Rover in Centerville? If you do you have to bust some chops on a saleman named Dwight. That punk owes me a key!

P

pokeyYJ

Originally posted by Mike_Lib
Yeah, where are the pics?

Dude, do you work at Land Rover in Centerville? If you do you have to bust some chops on a saleman named Dwight. That punk owes me a key!

Yeah, I work at LRC.

Pics are here.

47b3d703b3127cce8e83700668fa0000000610

47b3d703b3127cce8e837003e9cf0000000610

47b3d703b3127cce8e8370f3e93f0000000610

47b3d703b3127cce8e8370ffe9330000000610

P

pokeyYJ

Originally posted by RockMonkey

Sucks that you rolled your new ride. Gonna fix it nice, or cut it up and wheel the wee out of it? That thing have a frame?

MORE PICS!

Nah, rolling the Rover is not that bad, just gives me an excuss to do some more stuff to it. Prolly not going to cut it up just yet, need to get through the winter. Yep, fully boxed ladder frame.

One more flex shot for now.

47b3d703b3127cce8e8370ee68120000000610

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by pokeyYJ
... Yep, fully boxed ladder frame....

Hate to say it but Rover frames are the thinnest out there... I have seen some with large dents in the bottom from hitting rocks... kindve unusual for a frame. They hold up fine under normal conditions... just make sure your careful in the boulders... all is good.

Glad to see you added some pics... and had a smile about it...

:D

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Thats the same spot I almost went over getting strapped up. I have video of that having both left tires in the air and crap falling out of my truck (no doors) :) Im sorry you rolled your rover. How much did you buy it for?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
the only reason I ask is because I've taken stock ZJ's up that wall without straps and have seen stock XJs do it.

did you drive it home without windows? bet that was a windy one :D

Cody

Klif01

Do I bother you?
My guess is it was still hella sandy. When I tried to get my truck up it I just spun. So they strapped and ended up sliding sideways the same direction that he rolled and didn't quite go over. He might have just had different rocks there or somthing when he slid to the right while being strapped that it went over. if that makes sense. But don't listen to me cause its not my vehicle that rolled.

P

pokeyYJ

Originally posted by Cody
the only reason I ask is because I've taken stock ZJ's up that wall without straps and have seen stock XJs do it.

did you drive it home without windows? bet that was a windy one :D

Cody

yeah I have also seen stock rigs make it up tht hill, but for some reason I just couldn't pull over it.

No, I stuck the Rover in the back of a friends inclosed trailer and drove his Jeep home.