Public lands day in Price

Dixon

Kings Crawlers Project for Public lands day was to erect signs on our major trails. The signs turned out really cool. Here is a picture of the pinnacle trail sign.

Attachments

• pinnacle sign 3.jpg
    pinnacle sign 3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 102

sixstringsteve

I'm dying to head out to price one of these days. Could you tell me a few of the trail names and their difficulties? We drive zuks, from stock to 33's locked front and rear. I know they're not huge like a lot of you guys, but they're more capable than people think. All the pics i've seen from price look like a lot of fun. I'd love to be introduced to the area. I'm up in Alpine, near Lehi (2 hours away).

great scott

I'm dying to head out to price one of these days. Could you tell me a few of the trail names and their difficulties? We drive zuks, from stock to 33's locked front and rear. I know they're not huge like a lot of you guys, but they're more capable than people think. All the pics i've seen from price look like a lot of fun. I'd love to be introduced to the area. I'm up in Alpine, near Lehi (2 hours away).

The King Crawlers run at least one trail per month, and you are welcome to join us. For Oct we will be running Pinnacle (rated 5) on the 14th, then on the 28th is another run but location is still up in the air a bit. Carbon County is building a new gun range and has offered us to add in some OHV stuff. After looking it over some I think we can build a brand new trail, so I am working the details out with the county commissioners. If all goes well, that is where we will be on the 28th.
Here are a list of some of the most popular Price area trails; Judgment Day 5+, Pinnacle 5, Pinnacle II 4+, Lower Diff 4+, Diff Hanger 4, Dew 3+, Curse Canyon 3+, Devils Race Track 3, Dead mans 3, Straight Canyon 3, Allrads 2.5. Come join us.

Dixon

I'm a zuki guy too so if you ever want to come down and see our trails. I'll take the time to show you what ever you want to see. Marvin (rme) also has a sami thats close to stock has a spring over 32's and welded in the rear and he's been on most of the trails.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
pinnacle on the 14th eh. I was planning on driving down to cedar city for the fall crawl, but thisd might just draw me away. Any plans for sunday or even friday? I"ve been saying I was going to go up there forever.:D

sixstringsteve

how does marvin's sami hold up? I don't imagine he can complete the 5+ rated trails, can he? I'm locked in the rear with toyota axles and 33's with a YJ spoa. It's not the most capable sami, but for a street legal sami, it can go a lot of places most street legal vehicles can't. The most capable sami of our group has a similar setup to mine, but has a winch and front lockers, and he's not afraid to roll :D . We'll have to plan a trip down there in the next month or so. we're on zukiworld all the time. We've got our own forum called "zuktah". If you join zukiworld (it's free), then you'll be able to see the forum called "zuktah." otherwise it won't show up. I think I may have seen you on there before. anway, i'll talk to the guys and we'll plan something. Does it snow much there? would it be difficult to run some of those trails in november?

By the way, we're going to moab the 20th and 21st if you'd like to come.

Dixon

pinnacle on the 14th eh. I was planning on driving down to cedar city for the fall crawl, but thisd might just draw me away. Any plans for sunday or even friday? I"ve been saying I was going to go up there forever.:D
\

We don't run pinnacle much because it takes most of the day. There are shorter trail that are way fun like the pinn II trail in the same area could be run on friday after noon. Or the other trail on the north end of Price diff hanger or lower diff then theres Judgement day thats way hard you could try it or a side trail off of it we call the right hand fork thats fun. These all could be done in a afternoon. If you do want to come on Friday I'll take the day off and lead a group.

Dixon

how does marvin's sami hold up? I don't imagine he can complete the 5+ rated trails, can he? I'm locked in the rear with toyota axles and 33's with a YJ spoa. It's not the most capable sami, but for a street legal sami, it can go a lot of places most street legal vehicles can't. The most capable sami of our group has a similar setup to mine, but has a winch and front lockers, and he's not afraid to roll :D . We'll have to plan a trip down there in the next month or so. we're on zukiworld all the time. We've got our own forum called "zuktah". If you join zukiworld (it's free), then you'll be able to see the forum called "zuktah." otherwise it won't show up. I think I may have seen you on there before. anway, i'll talk to the guys and we'll plan something. Does it snow much there? would it be difficult to run some of those trails in november?

By the way, we're going to moab the 20th and 21st if you'd like to come.

Ok Marvins zuki has a tow rope permantly attached to the front. and he's a pretty good driver (bonzi)also. A great trip for you guys would be the devils race track out in the swell. There's a trail for everone where in Price. Last winter Marvin and I run Pinn II with a foot of snow on it.

Attachments

• pinn2 3.jpg
    pinn2 3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 24

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...There's a trail for everone where in Price....

That is so true. I've recently fallen in love with the Swell south of Price... and had a blast running trails with the King Crawlers north of town (Diff Hanger and Curse Canyon). To think its half the distance of Moab, and offers trail that parrallel the scenery IMHO. :cool:

great scott

Sorry I got a bit tied up recently and have not been able to check in on the thread. Looks like Dixon has keep the ball rolling and answered your questions. As for U4's winter run it could be done, but Pinnacle is closed December through April as the exit is in a wildlife refuge.
We do get a fair amount of snow, but it is a bit more mild then the Wasatch Front as we are sheltered by the mountains and the typical jet stream. If the storm comes in from the south then look out, it sticks in our little valley and we get socked in.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
\

We don't run pinnacle much because it takes most of the day. There are shorter trail that are way fun like the pinn II trail in the same area could be run on friday after noon. Or the other trail on the north end of Price diff hanger or lower diff then theres Judgement day thats way hard you could try it or a side trail off of it we call the right hand fork thats fun. These all could be done in a afternoon. If you do want to come on Friday I'll take the day off and lead a group.

I pm'd you dixon, I'm coming up