Put holes in my Radiator, need some advice

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I was on a Search and Rescue training excersize in my Jeep and my radiator fan came loose. It is attached with nylon straps that go through the fins in the Radiator and the nylon straps came loose and cut holes in the radiator. I took it to a repair shop and they say the radiator is beyond repair.

I had them order one for me and I told them that it was a YJ with a V6 Vortec motor and that I need a 3 core radiator, and then I left for China. Well, now I am back and the Radiator sitting here is a Jeep Radiator with the inlet and outlet on the wrong side. They told me they could get the radiator for me for less than 200 bucks but now they are telling me they can't get the "exact" one that I need so I need to come to the shop and look through the books and see if I can find one with the right dimensions and then fabricate a bracket for it.

A custom radiator for the exact application is over 300 bucks and I broke the bank getting this current radiator. My question is, what have you used for your YJ or CJ for a radiator? What size will work? What should I look for? How did you mount it?

I know that Kenneth (Fattodog) has a 350 in his CJ so hopefully he will chime in and give some info, and I know that James K has a vortec in his Jeep. So spill it people, what are my options? The radiator shop said I should look for a thermostat housing that goes the opposite way and then find a water pump that does the same going to the opposite side. Problem I have is, I don't have much money and I don't have much time. I need to be ready 24/7 for Search and Rescue so I need my jeep running. Does anyone have anything that will work that they would give up for cheap? I could take my radiator back and purchase another one if you have one that will work. I bought mine from Novak Adapters and they don't sell this exact one anymore and the one they currently sell is very expensive.

Hook me up! :)

Andrew

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I'm sure there are about 47 aftermarket radiators that will bolt into a YJ that are designed for GM V8 conversions. (which will put the inlet/outlet where you need them for your 4.3) I know Mepco used to sell one that was decent. Search online and I'm sure you'll get lots of results.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...3651468QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33648QQcmdZViewItem

Stop searching for CJ radiators they are different. Stop searching for OEM replacement also. A simple search for YJ chevy conversion radiators will yield many options.

You can get a bolt-in conversion for a YJ-Chev swap from MANY sources. There's tons of them as indicated by an ebay search. I've got a Mepco one and it seems like it works pretty well. IF something happens to it, I'll just snag one off E-bay. Some of them are even respectably priced, but I believe you get what you pay for in a radiator.