Q's about competing in SXOR...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
So, I've been having dirty thoughts about competing in the SXOR events. As far as I can tell, my rig qualifies for the modified class (at least I can't find anything that says it can't--my rear is cut off aft of the t-case but fore of the rear axle).

I guess I would need to put some skins on it, kill switch, and some breather stuff....

So, a couple questions. Is a winch 'required' equipment? As best I can tell, they are not required...

Winches:
Super Modified- Winches with a single line pull of 6,000 pounds are approved.
Steel wire cable is not approved.
Winch cable must be in good condition and approved by SXOR.
A small strap or handle must be attached to the hook for spooling in/out the winch.
Modified- All the above
Stock- All the above

Anyways, I would hate to make Jake feel bad by getting beat by a POS Grand Cherokee, but I could probably live with it.

Cody

edit: ohh, oops. Just saw it would cost me 425 just in entry fees to go compete. That makes it a little cost prohibitive. I'm still interested in the winch question though.

Jeep_people

Cody said:
So, I've been having dirty thoughts about competing in the SXOR events. As far as I can tell, my rig qualifies for the modified class (at least I can't find anything that says it can't--my rear is cut off aft of the t-case but fore of the rear axle).

I guess I would need to put some skins on it, kill switch, and some breather stuff....

So, a couple questions. Is a winch 'required' equipment? As best I can tell, they are not required...

Anyways, I would hate to make Jake feel bad by getting beat by a POS Grand Cherokee, but I could probably live with it.

Cody

edit: ohh, oops. Just saw it would cost me 425 just in entry fees to go compete. That makes it a little cost prohibitive. I'm still interested in the winch question though.
Check with SXOR I believe that they dropped the series fee so it would cost $225 for the weekend.

On the winch yes it is required. The whole rule book is written the same way where they outline the supermod rules and list any exceptions for the other classes. Under the mod it states same as above meaning no exceptions on this rule in the mod class.

Also check with SXOR about possibly running at a discounted rate if you only run as exhibition. If they don't have enough competitors they may take your rig as long as safety rules are complied to. At the first event they allowed an old mod rig on 35's to run with the stock class as an "exibition only" meaning run the same courses get the same media exposure but no chance of winning back your money. Come to think of it thats what I've been doing for full price the last five years

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Well, it doesn't specifically say you have to have a winch. It does specifically say you have to have lockers, fenders, etc etc. but no winchy.

I guess if I have to have one I'm out. I don't have the money for a winchy.

I'm sure Jake will sleep better now ;)

Cody

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
sibeta said:
Cody if all you need is a winch and you want to compete, i have a winch you can borrow just for the comp.

Thanks for the offer. I don't really have a way to mount th winch at this point. It would probably cost as much to have a bumper built to accept the winch as it would to buy a winch.

scooter? I wish I had a scooter, than in 2 months of gas savings I could buy a winch, have it integrated into my bumper, pay entrance fees, and 500 cases of beer.

Cody

Caleb

I too have been thinking about running but can't see throwing the money away just to run a couple courses. IMO, the way the winch rule is written it does not ever say you need a winch, so maybe its a loop-hole :D