Question about posting videos

Do you prefer one single longer video or a handful of shorter, seperate clips?

• One Single Video

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A Handful of Seperate Clips

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I'm just here for the pretty pics

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Lets conduct a Poll, vote away! I could use some input.... it'll help me with editing video from trips and putting together trip reports.

As far as reading a trip report and watching video footage, would you prefer one video with everything in it, or a handful of short clips that you can choose what to watch?

It seems like people are more interested in short clips, social media has shortened peoples attention span to a few seconds these days. I try to get good footage and share it, but I know my filming & editing can always improve.

Example 1 - Trip report with a single longer video, 3 min long. - https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/billings-canyon-colorado-in-the-new-tj.120024/

Example 2 - Trip Report with a handful of short clips. - https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/pritchett-all-to-ourselves.120537/

Greg

Admin
I might add, that I'm subscribed and watch them all either way. And would encourage all RME folk to subscribe. And I'm not much of a youtube video watcher in general. Gret puts out just the good stuff without the fluff though and I appreciate that.

- DAA

I do appreciate that Dave! My YT channel isn't crazy popular and I hate standing in front of the camera, so usually you just get wheelin'... mixed in with some old car stuff. :D

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I might add, that I'm subscribed and watch them all either way. And would encourage all RME folk to subscribe. And I'm not much of a youtube video watcher in general. Greg puts out just the good stuff without the fluff though and I appreciate that.

- DAA
Yawn. Until I see more exciting thumbnails, probably involving cleavage and shocked expressions, I’m not committing. Isn’t that how YouTube works?

Greg

Admin
Interesting, the poll has more votes for separate clips... I'll keep that in mind for the future. Thanks to those who voted and weighed in!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Interesting, the poll has more votes for separate clips... I'll keep that in mind for the future. Thanks to those who voted and weighed in!
I think if a story is being told along with the trip then longer videos are good... elsewise people just want to see the action. Just a guess, as a professional youtube watcher.