Question about posting videos

Do you prefer one single longer video or a handful of shorter, seperate clips?

• One Single Video

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A Handful of Seperate Clips

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I'm just here for the pretty pics

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Yawn. Until I see more exciting thumbnails, probably involving cleavage and shocked expressions, I’m not committing. Isn’t that how YouTube works?

Ok, I made sure to made one of my last vids with an EXCITING thumbnail and an ATTENTION GRABBING title... no cleavage though.

It seems to have worked, more views than most of my vids.... :oops:

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
So I'm good with all of the above, but 2 or 4 minutes of someone spinning their tires trying to make an obstacle doesn't really interest me. Creative editing, quality story telling and good B-roll will keep me tuned in.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So I'm good with all of the above, but 2 or 4 minutes of someone spinning their tires trying to make an obstacle doesn't really interest me. Creative editing, quality story telling and good B-roll will keep me tuned in.

I hear you, I try to mix it up, keep clips short and interesting and show different rigs in a accurate timeline as the trail progresses.

In the video above, the 'send it' stuff is at the end any my YouTube insight shows most people dropping off well before that point. That's the funnest part to watch, IMO.

It's not easy editing, deciding what to keep, how long each clip needs to be, the full video length, etc.

I don't mind suggestions on how I can improve my vids either, I'm an amateur just trying to share the things I enjoy... but if I can do it better, I'm willing to try.

DAA

Video editing can turn into as big of a timesuck pita as you let it. I got so sick of it, many years ago, that I swore I'd never touch it again. But, I have been doing it again, off and on, for about a year now. My rule for myself is I will only do it if I'm having fun doing it. And that self limits how much time and effort I spend on it. Viewers can like it or not, but I'm just not going to let it turn into drudgery trying to please them.

- DAA