question about torrents

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
When downloading .avi's from torrent sites, some times they come with the ending .avi.bc! and I can't open them. Anyone know how to use these files?

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
I did. Windows Media Player said it was either corrupted or something about the compression. It wasn't corrupted because it happens with every single one I've downloaded.

Meat_

Banned
Chiksic said:
I've been using BitTorrent, but I'll check that out.

I don't know if I have those installed. How do I find out?

If you don't know that means you haven't installed it ;)

My bet would be that it's in Xvid most peeps on bt are switching to that from DivX because it's just as good, and it's free.

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Meat_ said:
If you don't know that means you haven't installed it ;)

My bet would be that it's in Xvid most peeps on bt are switching to that from DivX because it's just as good, and it's free.
I installed that and then tried playing the avi and it didn't work again. Before I change the file name by removing the .bc! windows doesn't recognize it and won't open it. After I change it to end in .avi, windows media player says "WMP can't play the file. The player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file"

muleskinner

We have a really good mormon guy at work (he won't even make coffee) but he downloads movies all the time (even after the Feds came to his house :D ) I can ask him if he's had the same issues you have if you want. He usually won't talk to me because I'm not worthy, but I'll see. :D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
muleskinner said:
We have a really good mormon guy at work (he won't even make coffee) but he downloads movies all the time (even after the Feds came to his house :D ) I can ask him if he's had the same issues you have if you want. He usually won't talk to me because I'm not worthy, but I'll see. :D
:rofl:

Bone Down

muleskinner said:

Now that is some funny stuff right there.

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Thanks for the help guys. I figured it out. bitcomet attaches the ".bc!" when it's working on the file. Even though bitcomet said it was 100% it wasn't. If I stopped and then started the download again it worked. As soon as the file is really done it changes the ending to .avi automatically. :D

For the record, I'm downloading episodes of Drawn Together, not movies. :) I have my MVP membership at Hollywood for ripping movies. :p It's much faster.

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
MattL said:
utorerrent better than azureus? If so can you tell me why?
Uses few resources, regular updates, NOT Java-based FTW, scheduled bandwidth throttles, seeding-leeching queuing and priority. I used Azureus prior to Utorrent and the only thing that Utorrent doesn't have on Azureus is the Peerguardian plugin.

http://www.utorrent.com/

It doesn't have an installer, it's just a standalone executable, so you will have to create a folder in Program Files for it, save it there and create some shortcuts.

Brett said:
Azureus FTW
Not even close. :eek: