Question for Sammi guys......

troutbum

cubi-kill
on the Sammi my buddy just got done with he is running scout d44's stock springs SOA in the front. He s running 33's and we had to trim, If you are willing to run without front fenders you might get 37's to fit...enough sawzall and anything is possible...;)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
severe sawzall action. the stock fenderwell holds a 31" tire perfectly. beyond that buy a 10-pack of bi-metal blades....reccomend fine tooth the the tin-can metal. :)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Do people not like cut-off wheels on grinders or is 'sawzall' just such a cool term that we all like to use? I've had much better luck with a die grinder (smaller, tight cuts) and a 5 1/2" angle grinder with a cut-off wheel than I've ever had with a sawzall for cutting sheetmetal.

Just wondering out loud???

Caleb

Originally posted by mbryson
Do people not like cut-off wheels on grinders or is 'sawzall' just such a cool term that we all like to use? I've had much better luck with a die grinder (smaller, tight cuts) and a 5 1/2" angle grinder with a cut-off wheel than I've ever had with a sawzall for cutting sheetmetal.

Just wondering out loud???

I am almost jsut opposite of this...the die grinder only gets used for small things...and the cutoff wheel on the grinder is very nice for removing brackets etc...but for removing sheet metal nothing beats a good ol sawzall (for me atleast, I can get cleaner straighter cuts with it)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by supergper

I am almost jsut opposite of this...the die grinder only gets used for small things...and the cutoff wheel on the grinder is very nice for removing brackets etc...but for removing sheet metal nothing beats a good ol sawzall (for me atleast, I can get cleaner straighter cuts with it)

cleaner and straighter is the key for the sawzall. we are also collectively cheap so we buy cheap blades which shoots us in the feet! buy good blades and your sawzall works wonders!!

jp008

Greg,
Run a tube front end and you will get 37's to fit. You will also have to move the axle forward to accomodate for flex. www.roadlessgear.com has a nice designed tube front end. I think anyone could bend one for themselves provided they know someone with a bender. I run 33's on mine with a 5.5" SPOA and I will rub at full flex at full lock on the steering, front axle still in the stock position. If you throw on a set of YJ's or even go one better and run XJ's your axle will be pushed forward enough to nicely stuff a set of 37's. You will also need to remove the factory bumper tubes sticking out from the frame rails.

I'm currently working on a YJ front and XJ rear combo for my ride. I will post in the tech section when finished.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Cool! Thanks for the info guys.....

I was considering ditching the Toyota p/u for a Toy Drive-trained/Sammi-based/Tube-Buggy thing, but I think it will be awhile before that happens. If that happens, mabey Coils would be something to consider, and ditch the Leafs.

I can't afford a Tow Rig just yet!