Question for the Railroad Folks

TELFORD

its a work in progress
How dose a rail car get lost, and not for just a day or two, I am currently going on about 5 weeks. I was told its on the Most Wanted List, but what dose mean exactly? Oh ya its a UP car if that matters. I think it is in the Roper yard, but that would be only a guess.

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
How dose a rail car get lost, and not for just a day or two, I am currently going on about 5 weeks. I was told its on the Most Wanted List, but what dose mean exactly? Oh ya its a UP car if that matters. I think it is in the Roper yard, but that would be only a guess.
It gets put somewhere and not recorded as to where. If it ever gets put on another train, the first AEI scanner will find it. I tell you though, there are cars that have been lost for a LONG time.

Back in my freight days, the UP use to offer a case of Omaha Steaks if you ever found a lost car. I don't think that's the case anymore.

5 weeks though, I doubt it's in the Roper yard.

chicken77

throttle jockey
The scanners are only on the main line so if it got set out on a siding or spur line who knows? It may have gotten bad ordered and set out some where for repair. What is the car number and I can ask around.

Last edited:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
It gets put somewhere and not recorded as to where. If it ever gets put on another train, the first AEI scanner will find it. I tell you though, there are cars that have been lost for a LONG time.

Back in my freight days, the UP use to offer a case of Omaha Steaks if you ever found a lost car. I don't think that's the case anymore.

5 weeks though, I doubt it's in the Roper yard.

They still do the steaks. Definitely not in any of the SL yards, they are turning really fast right now. Unless it has been in a bad order rail, waiting for repair.

I am assuming this is the car? ABOX 51167, box car – Salt Lake City, Utah

That's the only one on the list anywhere near SLC.

Last edited:

TELFORD

its a work in progress
I am assuming this is the car? ABOX 51167, box car – Salt Lake City, Utah

That's the only one on the list anywhere near SLC.[/QUOTE]

ya, thats the car, the crazy thing is it made it to my dock 2 times, but somehow got released without being unloaded. Its got a log number and all that fun stuff.

TELFORD

its a work in progress
So they found it...........................................Was that you Coreshot? WHos shareing the Steaks? It is to land over here at National Wood today or tomorrow.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
So they found it...........................................Was that you Coreshot? WHos shareing the Steaks? It is to land over here at National Wood today or tomorrow.

Nah, I didn't get a chance to go look in the bad order tracks, I really could've used those steaks, though...:eek:

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Ijust found this thread, sorry.

Last Movement Results
Equipment Trace Results for List ()
Total Equipment IDs Requested: 1
Total Equipment IDs Traced: 1

Equipment ID L/E Billed Event Road Location Local Time Flat Car Ramp Info
ABOX51167 Load Yes Release from Hold - Inventory Discrepancy Sallakcit, UT 01/15/08 23:54
Load Yes Estimated Time of Arrival at Destination City Not Visible, State Not Visible 01/16/08 16:00