Question

addifan

Would it be possible to get 4WD clubs started at the local Colleges and University's? I figure that way the clubs could come and help do clean-up and such.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
sure.

I thought about starting one up at the U, but I didn't have time to get everything setup, then organize runs etc etc.

It wouldn't be that hard to do. You coudl probably even get funding and make shirts, stickers etc.....send officers to rock-crawls etc :D Let me know if you want to do hte labor and I'll tell you how to go about it.

Now that I've dun gwaduaited, I really don't want to spend the time up there.

Cody

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I think it would be awsome & could be an incredible resource.

You could start on-campus rumbles with the Eco-Nazis... :D

Really, I dig the idea. DO IT!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Clubs like this actually are quite common through out the US, just not here in Utah. There is no reason that a willing individual couldn't step up to the plate and make it happen. I am the president of a club at SLCC, its really not a whle lot of work to set one up...

What school do you attend?

Do you have an advisor/professor that you think enjoys the hobby?

cruiseroutfit said:
Clubs like this actually are quite common through out the US, just not here in Utah. There is no reason that a willing individual couldn't step up to the plate and make it happen. I am the president of a club at SLCC, its really not a whle lot of work to set one up...

What school do you attend?

Do you have an advisor/professor that you think enjoys the hobby?

What club is that? I want in.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
crimsonride said:
What club is that? I want in.

My club?

I am the Student President of the Aeronautical and Astrological Club at SLCC, under the supervision of Dr. Francis Afghan PE :D

We basically cover alot of NASA/Boing type stuff as well as chat about various astronomy subjects. We meet once a month in the Science/Industry building at the Redwood Campus... There is no cost to join...

If your an engineering student (for some reason I thought you were) then you also should join the SLCC student ASME Chapter (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)... you get alot of cool publications, job interns, tours, speakers, etc... Well worth the $$$ (something like $25 a year)

Plus they all look good on a resume/application...

Bacl to 4x4 Clubs... get on it... lets put some together. I can work with the U4WDA to help draft a set of by-laws for your blub. We may even be able to work some kind of membership package if you wish to join U4WDA at the same time (absolutly no reason you shouldn't join U4WDA ;))

JJJZJ

Jager Abuser
I spend too much time at or around the U, so if someone wants to tell me how to get the ball rolling or work together to start a club, I would be all for it. My classes arent terribly demanding and I could put some time into it.

BLH

You can, but make sure they understand what club is. I learned that one, club has got to be willing to get invoveled and do more than just get together and have dinner and go out wheeling. I been told I'm against club's, this is why, I might join one down road, once I am shown they are real club. So look for one that fit's you before you join and then join. But, then again this is coming from someone that is member of none, but has in pat.