questions about bad trailler axels.

wydej

LJSean
Does any one have any experience with henderson bumper to bumper trailler axles, wheel hubs, and berings?

I just picked up recently 2 new complete axles from hendersons and the wheel berings went out on the first trip and ruined the spindals? I have installed lots of wheel hubs and berings in the past on trailers and jeeps with no problems and installed these the same way. A couple things I noticed was the spindals and berings veried grately in there tolerances from almost loose to very tight. The other issue was that the spindal nut and cotter pin hole line up with the bering tight or loose unless you do not use the cotter pin then the castle nut backs off.

Hendersons claims they sell thousands of trailer axles and never have any problems.

Has anyone run into similar problems with henderson axles?

What trailer axles do you recomend?

Does anyone know a shop that would cut off and re-weld on new spindals to existing axles? Does the alignment usually turn out ok?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I've bought several from Hendersons with no issues....and I think they're the same parts you'd get from any other supplier anyway.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
When I built my trailer I bought my axles from Hendersons and had no issues. Did you grease the wheel bearings???

wydej

LJSean
That is what I have heard from every one I have talked to. So I must have done something wrong with the install. I did grease the bearrings. Henderson's is nice enough to waranty/ give me a good deal on some new axles and this time they will assemble the axles for me.

STAG

On my grind
Same here I've had no issues, we service all our equipment trailers with Hendersons. Sounds like either a lemon or inadequate assembly.