Quick San Rafael Swell Expedition: May 11-13

Which area would you like to explore? (Only answer if you plan on attending)

• Total voters

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I may be in for that. There are some spots out near the Blue, Orange Trail areas that would make good camp areas. We could ride all those trails as well as the Red Trail and of course the infamous 5 Miles of Hell. They are all right there. The Orange Trail is cool, the Red Trail is more difficult and then we can move on over to 5MOH. We could run the Devils Race Track in the morning, come over and run Blue, Orange and Red Trail in the afternoon and then 5 MOH the next day along with some others.

The Trials bikes would be fun on the Orange and Red Trail for sure.

That weekend will cost me a lot of money to go because its Mothers Day.

I'm really not interested in running 5MOH, would rather explore the area and have fun. I don't mind a challenging trail, but 5MOH can wait. :D

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Hope I can make it, i'd love to do some light wheelin in the Taco, and haul the WR down for some runs around the swell

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Here are some pictures in the area that Steve is talking about. You will actually go right under these bridges and I70 I am assuming your are going to head up North Coal Wash and to Devils Race Track. There is another big Arch up the wash from Devil's Race Track about 5 or so miles. I believe its called Dutchman's Arch but cant remember for sure.
View attachment 71716

You will see Swayze's cabin and this rock formation, this arch and some indian paintings.

View attachment 71719View attachment 71717View attachment 71718

I say we do this trip on bikes.

This is one of my favorite areas to ride, that canyon that goes under 70 is beautiful, some really cool trails around the cabin as well

GAR

Put me down for this trip. Sounds like a hoot. If my wife doesn't want to go I'll take the bike. I've been watching videos of the colored trails (lack of a better name) and it looks incredible.

I've never been in this area so anywhere/anything would be awesome. My grandma grew up in Emery so that would be cool to see.

sixstringsteve

Maybe we could have 3 trail options Saturday.

1) moto ride
2) mellow stock vehicle trail
3) technical trail (eagle canyon --> devil's race track)

Donner

Isuzu junkie
I imagine a stock samurai, jeep, isuzu amigo, etc would make it fine.

:rofl: Thanks for the personal invite Steve!

Actually, I was hoping to see another Swell trip planned(in decent temps). Unfortunately this is the week before 'ZuZoo 2012. I'm leaving for Moab on
May 14. I'm afraid I just cant fund two trips that month and I don't have leave to make it one trip (tempting!)
I'll be watching for the next one :)

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
The wife and I are pretty sure we can make this, we might have to catch up saturday morning though, we will know as it gets closer

WillyLin

:rofl: Thanks for the personal invite Steve!

Actually, I was hoping to see another Swell trip planned(in decent temps). Unfortunately this is the week before 'ZuZoo 2012. I'm leaving for Moab on
May 14. I'm afraid I just cant fund two trips that month and I don't have leave to make it one trip (tempting!)
I'll be watching for the next one :)
are you taking the amigo to moab this time??
I might be interesting to do both trips, or i can just join someone split the gas for this san rafael trip...

WillyLin

Steve, do you know the approximate miles of this trip?? i need to see if I'll have enough money for the gas..