Quick tub liner question

kirk86CJ

I am taking my jeep in today to get the tub lined. I still cant decide what color to get. The installer says black is better (for heat) cause it will pull the heat away from the driver, but I have always thought black would attract heat and make it hotter in the jeep - with the top off. I asked him which would make me feel hotter, black, or grey - he said grey.

Does this seem illogical to anyone else?

Anyone get black, and regret it?

Thanks

chans

A lot of people use black so I think it would be fine but the lighter the color the less heat it would attract. It does not make sense that it would pull heat away it would just heat up more in the sun light. Vehicles have their tops painted white to keep the inside cooler instead of keeping the darker color of the vehicle which heats up the interior more.

64Trvlr

FNG
kirk86CJ said:
The installer says black is better (for heat) cause it will pull the heat away from the driver, but I have always thought black would attract heat and make it hotter in the jeep
I've got black in mine and have no problems with it at all.

asau

has anyone sprayed an entire vehicle with a liner? i would like so cover my suzuki with herculiner but, don't know if the doors will still close, or be able to get the winshield back in? have any of you guy covered an entire vehicle?

drylok

asau said:
has anyone sprayed an entire vehicle with a liner? i would like so cover my suzuki with herculiner but, don't know if the doors will still close, or be able to get the winshield back in? have any of you guy covered an entire vehicle?
I know a guy that had Rhino-Liner spray his CJ inside and out. He loves it but it wasn't cheap.

yotaman

Let It Snow!!!!!!
I did herculiner to my truck bed. Even though its rougher then sandpaper people always ask were i got it done at. i like it too cause its so easy to just fix it yourself were it has came off and its cheap.

Cory

asau said:

I've seen a CJ that was lined inside and out. It was black inside and dark green outside. I thought it looked pretty good. He had a windshield in it, but didn't have doors or a top on, so I don't know if he just had them off, or they wouldn't fit.

asau

has anyone done this, or looked at one real close? would i spray the winshield frame with herculiner let it dry and then install the winshield. i am shure that it if i can get the winshield in and not to leak then i can get the rest ot work :D

Cory said:
I've seen a CJ that was lined inside and out. It was black inside and dark green outside. I thought it looked pretty good. He had a windshield in it, but didn't have doors or a top on, so I don't know if he just had them off, or they wouldn't fit.