Radio commercial

JoeT

Seems like SUWA's target group would be on KSL and not on X96. But I did send a e-mail to X96 to get a price for us. I think we need to bring ORVr's under our wing here. Maybe add a ORV section to RME? We need to get in touch with them and get them informed and educate them on what SUWA is doing. Not saying that ORVr's are dumb or anything. The more education we can do on this subject the better off all of us are. Also we (all RMEr's) should support USA-All/RR4W/U4WDA since they are doing the legal battles for us. I remember at the last EJS for the first time in several years RR4W was asking for $ for MUD pins. Heck their only $5 each.

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
I'm really suprised at x96 for running this commercial given they gave away a rockcrawler at the BASH 2 years ago! I think buying some air time for our own commercial is a great idea, I'd be willing to throw some $ in (sorry I can't afford alot, citibank owns my first born)

Bone Down

Turbobob said:
I heard the same $h**y add on KSL this morning. they are saying we need to contact Gov Huntsman & tell him to stop wasting our money on highways to nowhere. Good luck with that...the Gov is an avid dirt biker! Funny how this comes out in time to get all the greenies in an uproar before EJS and spring time riding season:rolleyes:

I think that it is more of the timing being that the legislators are in session now, I think that today is day 14 and this bill is up for vote during this session (i think).

I heard this first on saturday on ksl while listening to the car show (never did catch the name it was on 102.7fm).

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Tacoma said:
Marc, please ask. I'm curious what it costs now.

JUST for airtime, it's about $100 per 60 seconds. (I think that was midday on X96.) You can have a 30 second commercial play twice, a 15 second commercial play 4 times or whatever.

Production of the ad is a little different, though. That'll bounce pretty much all over the board depending on what you want.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
That is cheaper than I thought too....

I would entertain the idea if we could find someone willing to donate the production facility...

JoeT

I think I know someone with a recording studio in their basement. He's a Jeeper also. I'd suggest a plug for RME on it. Get people to come here and let's educate them about SUWA and our views. Interesting point: When's the last time SUWA built a trailer for a charity, or did a food or toy drive? Hmmm..

I'll check on the studio fees. Count me in for some $$.

e28bimmer

This ad is pretty damn funny for one reason... I quoted this law back in another infamous thread about keeping roads open, and how mining access guaranteed right of way over the nature nazis...no one paid any attention to it, nor did they even question why.. is there some interest now?? The fact that SUWA are all bent out of shape about this is great as its not a conservation issue, they have already had their asses kicked in court and now they are trying to bring it to the public. Well, I dont have the $$ for radio, but there will be a good bit about this on GRE shortly, also, it would be a good idea for others to educate EVERYONE you see about this law and how its not as SUWA makes it seem. Its not a trail law, its a mining law and SUWA has no business in it...the only way SUWA will make any headway on this law is if people continue to "tread lightly" on these areas and allow them to become overgrown and the mines to be closed. If the mines are reclaimed, and the trail grows over, SUWA will have a legal standing and probably win... Just my .02 for the day... since Im on a roll anyway... (still waiting for Huntsman to call back!!!)