Rancho has made coilovers!

My-yota

E-bays #1 customer
For a while I have these doubts on keeping the springs under my Jeep Yj.
Iv'e always liked the idea of coilovers. It looks like Rancho has came out with their own line of coilovers, Anyone found any reviews on them?
I looked on the net and couldn't find anything on them.
They are cheaper then their counterpart ie, King, Fox.
And come with springs also.
Summit has a 14 and 12 inch in their online catalog. The 14 sells for 385.00
The 12 is much cheaper at 227.00 each and that's with springs too!
I'm not sure if this is old news so Guys school me on the fact's.
I also like the nine valve feature it has, quick way to tune from in your vehicle
Cool
Mike

Attachments

• ran-rs19536_w.jpg
    ran-rs19536_w.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 12

Badger

I am the Brute squad
they are cheap for a reason.all other manufactures of coilovers sell thiers seperate for a reason.first springs need to be choosen that have the right ratio for your weight.this will change front to back.second thing all others are tuneable Ranchos are not you are stuck with a 9 position knob to try and get the valving right.they are not rebuildable.the list goes on.

the classic rule of you get what you pay for.if you are looking for a review i believe there might be one on Pirate

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
There's a long thread on Pirate about them, and very detailed information about why they suck. Basically it's just a crappy RS9000 with coils on it.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
My-yota said:
that's real good to know guys.
I didn't even think about rebuilding it.:eek:
It makes alot of sense.
Looks like I'm going with King instead.
Mike-

Good call. King, Fox, Sway-a-way--you'll be happy with. Cheaper versions you probably won't be.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Herzog said:
Are the deutsche tech coil overs close to the same?

They look similar.

No, they're a "real" coilover. Take-apart shock, rebuildable/revalvable and everything, just not made quite as well as the others. The set I had actually worked well, but when compared with my current SAW's it's apparent a lot more thought/time went into these to make them better/stronger.