Random picture thread

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Shouldn't be taking the inside left turn lane with a rig that long.
That's how they used to teach them durned truckers. You always want to be in the outside lane on a double or triple lane turn.

A recent problem that's arising are cites and municipalities that sign turns like that insisting that the trucks be on the inside lane. It only confuses the issue and it's always more dangerous. They'll paint the lines in such a way that you have the room to negotiate the turn, but you can count on the cars in the outside lane to cut the corner and cross the lines. Boise and Las Vegas are two places that love that little trick.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
That's how they used to teach them durned truckers. You always want to be in the outside lane on a double or triple lane turn.

A recent problem that's arising are cites and municipalities that sign turns like that insisting that the trucks be on the inside lane. It only confuses the issue and it's always more dangerous. They'll paint the lines in such a way that you have the room to negotiate the turn, but you can count on the cars in the outside lane to cut the corner and cross the lines. Boise and Las Vegas are two places that love that little trick.
I was at the last light before AF canyon last week. A Geneva Rock driver pulling two belly dumps was turning off SR92 to head south down North County BLVD. Unfortunately for him, some ass hat in a Prius had pulled out half a car length past the stop line. Dude in the truck was leaning out the window yelling and pointing at the stop line. Prius dude was totally unaware, eating an egg mcmuffin. Gobbless you truck drivers. I was hoping the rear axles would run up the hood. I'd testify the Prius dude pulled out while the truck was turning.

JeeperG

Another memory that I was thinking about that happened just over two years ago. We helped my cousin get his bucket list truck on the road just before Christmas and he got to do his first burnout of many, he was able to put 800 miles on it throughout the winter before he passed. Rear tires have since been replaced.

IMG_20191221_160306.jpg

JeeperG

Chatting with my uncle many years back he told me this is the only car he ever regrets selling and he has had a lot of them, he was the autobody/autoshop teacher at Ogden High for something like 20 years, doing high school drags etc. Had his own shop prior to that. He said it was one of the most unique cars he ever had, I believe they had a push button transmission? These days he could care less about cars and spends most of his days up in Alaska fishing.
patbarra.jpg