Ranger shot in Moab

rkillpack

Converted Oil Burner
I am working right off Highway 191 at the UMTRA remediation project and we have been trying to keep updated as much as possible because of the proximity. He drove down Potash road some 17 miles or so from where we are and is currently on foot. There are about 30 or so police cars roving around looking for traces and SWAT was called in to assist (from where I don't know). Rumor is that he is injured and being pursued by K-9 units as well as the rest of the officers. Its been an anxious night. We hope that he is found soon. It has also been mentioned that the officer is still alive as of about 2 hours ago, but as to his condition I don't know.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
We came down yesterday with the 4 wheelers and are staying at Sand Flats Rec area. I have several friends that are LEO's in Carbon & Emery Counties and within 5 minutes of it going out on radio I had several calls. Shorly after that the life flight helicopter from Grand Junction flew over us.

Even though it was quite a ways away from us, my wife did not sleep well last night.

bronco165

DirtHedZ Offroad Club
KSL reported that the ranger is in stable condition. My daughter lives there and has been sending updates, but so far about the same info as on here. Her husband is with Grand Co. sheriff's dep., he has been out all night. Thanks to all LEO's that keep us safe. Prayers for the ranger and his family.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Hope they catch that scum bag soon. I want to see who this douche is.

On a side note, this is a bad ass photo. :D
27468.jpg

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
The shooter must have had a warrant out or something and got spooked by the officer. This kind of crap just doesn't happen in places like Moab, I hope they find the suspect torn apart by mountain lions or bears!

ricsrx

with this crazy world we live in Im surprised this kind of thing doest happen more often

roverrocks

Hopefully they will just shoot his worthless ass and leave him for the ravens. No since arresting him and spending a million bucks trying his worthless soul. Western justice sorely needed.

Bart

Has it been snowing there? I'm wondering if he'll be found dead from his injuries, under a rock somewhere. Very sad indeed that this low life can affect another human being that way.