Rant About Hot Tub - *Explicit Language*

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
So my hot tub breaks, I take the broken computer out and the pump and run em down to sunplay spas to get looked at. I did a little research ahead of time and found that worst case the pump would be around 200$. 3 weeks goes by waiting for an answer on this. I get a call about an hour ago, and they tell me its going to be 786$ to FIX not replace but to fix the damn things. So of course after my fellow coworkers recusitate me, I ask how in the hell does a 10 year old tub cost nearly 800 bucks to fix??? They tell me that it is cheaper for me to replace the parts with new ones for 725$. HOW IN GODS GREEN EARTH IS IT CHEAPER TO REPLACE WITH NEW THAN FIX THE OLD?? WTF???

Now that my blood pressure is dropping below 190 over 90, does anyone have a hook up or a friend or a friend of a friend of a cousin who new this guy in college who has this nephew who used to date this girl whos dad can order replacement parts for spas?

JoeT

Badcop said:
So my hot tub breaks, I take the broken computer out and the pump and run em down to sunplay spas to get looked at. I did a little research ahead of time and found that worst case the pump would be around 200$. 3 weeks goes by waiting for an answer on this. I get a call about an hour ago, and they tell me its going to be 786$ to FIX not replace but to fix the damn things. So of course after my fellow coworkers recusitate me, I ask how in the hell does a 10 year old tub cost nearly 800 bucks to fix??? They tell me that it is cheaper for me to replace the parts with new ones for 725$. HOW IN GODS GREEN EARTH IS IT CHEAPER TO REPLACE WITH NEW THAN FIX THE OLD?? WTF???

Now that my blood pressure is dropping below 190 over 90, does anyone have a hook up or a friend or a friend of a friend of a cousin who new this guy in college who has this nephew who used to date this girl whos dad can order replacement parts for spas?
Ebay, several there for $180ish. I searched under spa pump and hot tub pump.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
No idea on the make or model, I got the house in August when I got here, and it was already here, the prvious guys "" said it was all replaced about a year ago, Sunplay called bullshit on that and said it was all over 5 y/o. They still have the puter and pump, I wont get it back until friday atleast.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
JeepinJoe said:
Ebay, several there for $180ish. I searched under spa pump and hot tub pump.

Hmmm, hadnt thaought of that route, Ive been surfing Google for Spa Replacement Parts, and coming up with pretty much what those guys said for 800$

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
if you end up going with a new setup, I have a guy that is a sales rep for bullfrog for north america...can get you a smokin deal...or anyone else for that matter.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
All I need is the computer and pump, I dont mind putting it in, it isnt that hard.

Have em all call me.

Brian
698-9337

ALF

SURE!?
repair exceeding new is common in pumps motors and such its called BER beyond economical repair. Alot of the parts we send out to repair for kennecott are deemed BER and are scrapped and replaced with new.