Rattlesnake 3-30-03 trip report and pics

muleskinner

How many do you want? I took like-160 pics today:D Send me your e-mail and I'll send over the best pics (full size). It may take a while I'm still dial up.... or PM me your home address and I'll mail you a CD.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by muleskinner
How many do you want? I took like-160 pics today:D Send me your e-mail and I'll send over the best pics (full size). It may take a while I'm still dial up.... or PM me your home address and I'll mail you a CD.

You have PM:cool:

muleskinner

Originally posted by Jeremy
It depends on how many Toyotas break.;) :D

Aint carma a biatchhhh:D

fc6b23e0.gif

:D

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Muley,
Great photos. Can't wait to see the rest of them.

Unfortunately, you and Jeremy really missed out. Constrictor is definetely bad ass, and even after we dropped Shawn and Jeep Convert off, Kurt and I went back up with four other rigs.

As we pulled off the trail, Parker and Goeller pulled up. I took them up to show them the start of Rattlesnake, and when I got back to the trailhead, RockMonkey and Ilean had just pulled up.

Kurt and I ran up the baja road to the top of the huge pilings, and waited until we saw Parker and Goeller, then we took them over to Constrictor, just about the time we were coming off, RockMonkey and Ilean show up at the base of the trail. After watching Parker and Goeller, we got to watch Rockmonkey and Ilean.

It was awesome!!

No karnage except the hole in my sidewall.

whoever didn't come today missed out on a great time.

muleskinner

Originally posted by BlackSheep
Muley,
Great photos. Can't wait to see the rest of them.

Unfortunately, you and Jeremy really missed out. Constrictor is definetely bad ass, and even after we dropped Shawn and Jeep Convert off, Kurt and I went back up with four other rigs.

As we pulled off the trail, Parker and Goeller pulled up. I took them up to show them the start of Rattlesnake, and when I got back to the trailhead, RockMonkey and Ilean had just pulled up.

Kurt and I ran up the baja road to the top of the huge pilings, and waited until we saw Parker and Goeller, then we took them over to Constrictor, just about the time we were coming off, RockMonkey and Ilean show up at the base of the trail. After watching Parker and Goeller, we got to watch Rockmonkey and Ilean.

It was awesome!!

No karnage except the hole in my sidewall.

whoever didn't come today missed out on a great time.

What is constrictor? never heard of that before. I saw those other rigs heading up when we were leaving. What happened to your tire? PM me your address and I'll send you a CD. (alot of the pics look the same, from holding the button down-5 frames per second) but I'll send them if you want. That was fun today, Thanks to everyone.

Last edited:

CryogenicZJ

I used to drive a ZJ
Hey you guys.........I drove all the way out there and could'nt find any of you.......where the heck is rattlesnake and lil moab??? I drove out to mile marker 7, the Deseret Depot, and turned around. Then drove up Mercur to the gate and turned around......then stopped and asked about everyone I seen out there and they pointed to a little washout over by where all the ATV's and MX were.......I drove the washout until I got to the highway......it was ok, but I still wish I knew where you guys were.

muleskinner

Originally posted by CryogenicZJ
Hey you guys.........I drove all the way out there and could'nt find any of you.......where the heck is rattlesnake and lil moab??? I drove out to mile marker 7, the Deseret Depot, and turned around. Then drove up Mercur to the gate and turned around......then stopped and asked about everyone I seen out there and they pointed to a little washout over by where all the ATV's and MX were.......I drove the washout until I got to the highway......it was ok, but I still wish I knew where you guys were.

South of mercur you would have seen 5 trucks w/trailers (car haulers) off the road.

CryogenicZJ

I used to drive a ZJ
seen those trucks.......drove up the trails till I got to a big tailings looking rock formation. drove up to the top of it, seen two mine shafts, one with a jeep down inside, and then seen some people on 4 wheelers......asked them and they said they didn't see any other jeeps or trucks up the road so we went down to the blacktop.......I was driving my green Grand Cherokee. I seen an old yellow bronco on one of the trailers.......One of the trucks had an audio shop advertisement right?

Last edited:

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by muleskinner

What is constrictor? never heard of that before. I saw those other rigs heading up when we were leaving. What happened to your tire? PM me your address and I'll send you a CD. (alot of the pics look the same, from holding the button down-5 frames per second) but I'll send them if you want. That was fun today, Thanks to everyone.

constrictor is to buggies what rattlesnake is to stockers.

I cut my sidewall on a sharp rock moving my rig when I didn't even really need to move it. It was stupid. Luckily, I have the proper tools to do a repair. I was able to drive it out by putting in a couple of plugs and pumping it back up.

I am sending you pm.

CryogenicZJ

I used to drive a ZJ
ok.......so from where the haulers were, do you go strait up the trail or do you turn at that first cross path? How far up do you go?? When are you going again so I can try and be there.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Shawn

Sweet,

How much further?

Did they put on a good show?

not too much further, but past that next gnarly bush that we stopped behind.

It was more of a show watching them turn around in that narrow little canyon!!

We had to give ILean a tug to get his back end around. He had backed up the side of the canyon and when he started forward again, became stuck on his front diff. All tires were slipping, and the rear were slipping towards the down side (getting close to a roll), so after ROckMonkey got himself un-high centered, we put his strap to the rear of ILean's buggy and tugged him around.

what fun!!!

Goeller got some killer air on the first filter. Not where you got the big air, but before that. at the first little ledge after dropping into the wash.

fun fun fun!

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by CryogenicZJ
ok.......so from where the haulers were, do you go strait up the trail or do you turn at that first cross path? How far up do you go?? When are you going again so I can try and be there.

When you hit the first cross path you go north for about 1/4 mile then you'll turn right onto Rattlesnake.

Parker

Had a good time. Thanks to Shawn, Kurt and John for the directions and Jeremy for spending a few moments on the phone w/ me... turns out we were on the wrong damn side of the mountain. Kind of a tricky place to find.

I especially liked the obstacle that comes in the form of a late model Isuzu, had a hell of a time making it over that one. :D

Kurt, if you find out anymore info on the legality of finishing that trail let me know... I'd love to give that last a part a shot.

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by Parker
Had a good time. Thanks to Shawn, Kurt and John for the directions and Jeremy for spending a few moments on the phone w/ me... turns out we were on the wrong damn side of the mountain. Kind of a tricky place to find.

I especially liked the obstacle that comes in the form of a late model Isuzu, had a hell of a time making it over that one. :D

Kurt, if you find out anymore info on the legality of finishing that trail let me know... I'd love to give that last a part a shot.

Nice, Demon Jeep and I were checkin that wash out last January. How'd you get around the 2 trees in the bottom of the wash? On Saturday we hiked up it again and saw the Isuzu, found out it was reported stolen a little over a week ago.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by WayneXJ
Nice, Demon Jeep and I were checkin that wash out last January. How'd you get around the 2 trees in the bottom of the wash? On Saturday we hiked up it again and saw the Isuzu, found out it was reported stolen a little over a week ago.

Not sure which two trees you are referring to, there are some half way up the wash that will need to be removed...

Take note that the portion of the trail that was run, was done so without stacking rocks... :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by WayneXJ
[B...On Saturday we hiked up it again and saw the Isuzu, found out it was reported stolen a little over a week ago. [/B]

Saturday as in 3/28? Did you guys by chance have a pruning device?

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by Parker

Good to see you again Parker, Cruiser looks GOOD!