rattlesnake and mineral basin location

spiderman

Amish dude
Okay, I know i am supposed to do a search on a subject, but I couldn't find any answers there. How do you get to the rattlesnake trail and what you guys call mineral basin? I have been to little moab, if they are anywhere near there. I just want to run a few trails that you guys seem to like.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
mineral basin is up american fork canyon. and rattlesnake is out west of Lehi. there has to be info on both of these, i can remember plenty of threads that desribed how to get there.

addifan

There was a post someone made that had a link with a map of AF canyon and other trails. I don't remember which thread it was though.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Originally posted by addifan
There was a post someone made that had a link with a map of AF canyon and other trails. I don't remember which thread it was though.

www.americanforkcanyon.com is a great site. Rattlesnake is hard to describe its location. I think you really need to have someone show you where it is. When I went, two other vehicles had been there before and they had a hard time finding it!
Devin

my4thjeep

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Originally posted by DevinB

When I went, two other vehicles had been there before and they had a hard time finding it!
Devin

Are you talking about me and Brad? hehe
The starting point for rattlesnake is pretty easy to find we just ended up taking some wrong turns on the dirt roads. Its not easy to get lost, but its also not that easy to find the trail. Just join the next group of people that go out that way. There is probably a rattlesnake trip every 2 weeks or less.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Whats funny is that was my 4th time going to that trail. Thats the last time I follow you brad, even though I was kindof leading too. nevermind I will just shut my mouth cause I was just as lost.