Rattlesnake Cleanup 3/17/2007

olywrestle

Duct Tape
The SLC 4x4 Club met at the turn off for the Rattlesnake canyon trail head on a warm sunny day. by the time everyone was there, we had already collected 2 full garabge bags full of trash from just the parking lot area. We had 12 vehicle show up and about 3 times as many people. We spent time cleaning the entire parking area as well as a stretch on either side of the highway. We amassed a huge lot of garbage and many weird junk items as well. After we had packed everything on my trailer we headed up the trail head, the entire time stopping everytime we saw a can or plastic bottle or any other type of trash, this stop and go traveling continued for the entire length of the canyon. Once we reached the top, we split into 2 groups and headed down in different directions to get back to the parking lot. One group found a campsite that was worse for wear and spent a good 30-45 mintues cleaning everything they could possibly carry out. The other group found their fair share of garbage as well. Once we met back up, we piled all of the garbage into the cargo area of my suburban and everywhere in my cherokee except for the drivers seat. It was a ton of garbage! Thanks MasterTech Automotive for letting us drop all the garbage in the dumpster there, and thanks to everyone who came out to help!

olywrestle

Duct Tape
Also, thanks to Lee Walls ( wally), he got us in touch with the local paper (tooele transcript) and notfied them of the clean up and they will be featuring an article on it. They tried to get a reporter to come out and ride with us, but they couldn't unfortunately.

it will either be in Tuesday or Thursdays edition.