Rattlesnake on Friday 4/1/11 ~5:30pm

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
The weather is supposed to be fantastic, so my plan is to go run Rattlesnake in the daylight. One or two co-workers are planning to join me (including the purple Nissan truck that made the noobie run with us), but of course the more the merrier.

This trip will be similar to the noobie run in that we've all got vehicles that are relatively stock. We intend to take our time and make this a nice, casual run through Rattlesnake and the mine tailings. We will stop to smell the roses, take some photos, and so on. I may lead us over to Wayne's World just so Kevin can see it; none of our rigs have a prayer of conquering that obstacle, so we won't even make an attempt.

Those of you with heavily modified rigs will be bored to tears with this group. If any of you are mostly stock and just want to come out and enjoy the weather, feel free to join us. Our plan is to meet at the infamous Chevron at 5:30pm and head out immediately.

Itsa4door

Got to love the imports!!
i would love to come maybe i could meet u out there. I dont get off work till 6 so i will have to see what happens

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
i would love to come maybe i could meet u out there. I dont get off work till 6 so i will have to see what happens

Oh, yeah, you should totally be there, Drew. Maybe we can hold out just a little longer to give you time to get there. (Any chance you can get off just a few minutes early?)

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Dempsey, do you still have the orange TJ?

Sadly, no. I had to sacrifice it to buy my home. I ended up owning it for only two years and put just over 10,000 miles on it.

tj_ramp2.jpg

Man, did I love that Jeep. That was my first Wrangler; I now own my fifth Wrangler. My current one is only on 31" tires and a budget boost for now.

On a side note, I think I saw my orange TJ a couple months ago! It was the right configuration and it had every visible modification I had made to mine... plus more. I was a passenger on a test drive at the time, so I couldn't go back and try tracking it down. Nevertheless, it gave me hope that it's still around and in good hands.

Just for kicks, what time are you heading out?

I was planning to meet at Chevron at 5:30 because we want to make this run in daylight. However, I may get us off to a slow start just to help one or two potential attendees that can't quite make it there by then. Can you and your daughter make it?

Bart

I was planning to meet at Chevron at 5:30 because we want to make this run in daylight. However, I may get us off to a slow start just to help one or two potential attendees that can't quite make it there by then. Can you and your daughter make it?

Probably not. I think she's working. Have fun.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Ill try to meet you guys out there at 6-6:30.

hey i might be able to make it out there i have never ran it before but sounds like fun i will let you know more later today

I hope you guys can both make it, since my co-worker just bailed on me--now I am all alone. There are a couple other "maybes" so I'll still be at Chevron at 5:30. We would hit the dirt turnoff at around 6:00, so keep that in mind if you're coming from the Tooele area.

Last edited:

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Which means if I read it before I would have went.

I understood, and I'm sorry you weren't there. We had a small group of just five vehicles:

TurboMinivan - TJ I6
Scrivens - ZJ I6
89xjwheeler - XJ I6
Saty - JK 4dr Rubicon
Bonner - JK 4dr Rubicon on 35" tires

Overall, we took our time and enjoyed the scenery. I intentionally tried some more challenging lines in my TJ (I've only got a budget boost and 31" tires). I managed to chew up the paint on both of my bumpers (but no dents since they are upgraded aftermarket ones!) and I mangled one rear lower control arm mount. Oh, and I had Bonner use his tow strap to tug me off an obstacle: climbing the bypass at Wayne's World, I took the right fork and managed to high center myself on the rock ledge at the top. :D

I had a great time and look forward to heading back out there.