Rattlesnake Sat 8-26-06

sixstringsteve

I'm going to do rattlesnake this saturday evening with at least one other guy. if anyone wants to join us it'll be fun. I'm meeting at the chevron past lehi (by the smiths) at 5:30 PM, and at the dirt parking lot at 6:00. Let me know if you want to come. It should be fun in the evening.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

cool guys. I've been with wayne before but never with you kkemp, it'll be good to meet you. it's a fun area. i won't try wayne's world, but i'll watch you guys break, i mean, make it :D i'll be taking some zukers out there, so they won't be up to constrictor. i at least want to be shown where the trail begins.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I have my axles done, and ready to go back in. But I'm waiting on control arms and crossmember from Rubicon Express - my current ones are bent/cracked.

toomeymd

SUZUKI ROCKER
Everyone still going? Just wanna make sure ya'all ain't gonna wimp out on account of the weather...ha ha ha ha

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
My Jeep is still up on blocks, so I couldn't make it. I finally have everything off and I think everything ready to go back on tomorrow morning.

Anyone up for a trip tomorrow evening, about the same time? I should have it back together and would like to take it out for a test run....

kkemp

That was a great time last night. You guys in the zukis are really a fun bunch of guys. I got a kick out of seeing you guys willing to try anything. I'm such a chicken when it comes to bolders. I'm sorry Wayne didn't make it. I was looking forward to wheeling with him. He just installed a Dana 44 in my Jeep along with ARB lockers and new gears, chromoly front axle shafts and the works. I just got new MTRs yesterday, so I was really excited about trying it out. Wow! Lockers and decent tires make a huge difference.

I hope to get the chance to wheel with you guys again sometime. It was really fun. Here are pictures from the ride. BTW, Mike in the Toyota pickup didn't quite make it up Wayne's World this time. He broke a front axle shaft. 3 wheel drive just wasn't going to cut it.

Kevin

Attachments

• sukis.JPG
    sukis.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 38
  • rattlesnake.JPG
    rattlesnake.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 29
  • jerry.JPG
    jerry.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 34
  • tracker.JPG
    tracker.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 40
  • mike up waynes world.JPG
    mike up waynes world.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 60

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Wow! That pile at the bottom of Waynes world has to be the most rock stacking I have ever seen in my life. Someone must have really wanted to make it.

Last edited:

kkemp

bobdog said:
Wow! That pile at the bottom of Waynes world has to to most rock stacking I have ever seen in my life. Someone must have really wanted to make it.

Kinda pointless really isn't it? If the first part gives you trouble, the rest will be impossible.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
bobdog said:
Wow! That pile at the bottom of Waynes world has to be the most rock stacking I have ever seen in my life. Someone must have really wanted to make it.
It wasn't from this group, it's just been accumulating over the past 10 months? Since the time you and I went out and you got that dent in your rear quarter from the stacked rocks....It's just been getting bigger and bigger since....

I wish I could have gone; I really need to get out! Hopefully grandma will get here soon and I can get started putting the Jeep back together so I can take it out for a test drive later today.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
kkemp said:
Kinda pointless really isn't it? If the first part gives you trouble, the rest will be impossible.
It really is pointless, because if you have to stack that many rocks, you aren't really making it up the obstacle.

The obstacle is kind of a double deal. Some rigs won't have any problems getting up the first ledge, but then fight the second and vice versa. Not very often do you see someone walk right up both ledges and on their first time - even with all of the rock stacking goign on.

Meat_

Banned
waynehartwig said:
It wasn't from this group, it's just been accumulating over the past 10 months? Since the time you and I went out and you got that dent in your rear quarter from the stacked rocks....It's just been getting bigger and bigger since....
It seems they've switched from stacking rocks to stacking bolders now though.