Rattlesnake topographical map.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
rattlesnaketoporoute.jpg

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
hold on yo your butts....I am filtering the area of constrictor and I think I have the canyon pinned....more to come...and people....feel free to correct me if I am pointing at the wrong places....;)

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Uh.......yeah Spence, that's it........that's the one........yeah, that's it.......(nodding profusely)........sure that's the one........

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by EZRhino
Uh.......yeah Spence, that's it........that's the one........yeah, that's it.......(nodding profusely)........sure that's the one........

I think we have the highest rectal IQ to be found on the internet anywhere right here on RME...myself included of course.....;)

my4thjeep

GPS Cordinates for the map provided. Top is the north x on the map for rattlesnake.
bottom x gps coordinates N 40.255087 W 112.206412
top x gps coordinates N 40.274193 W 112.195272

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by my4thjeep
GPS Cordinates for the map provided. Top is the north x on the map for rattlesnake.
bottom x gps coordinates N 40.255087 W 112.206412
top x gps coordinates N 40.274193 W 112.195272

that will help a lot of people find this without having to personally guide everyone....it is kind of tricky to get there from someone's directions...GPS puts you on the doorstep!! awesome!!

terrymac

Originally posted by jeepin junkie
so do you start at the top x or bottom x? thaks [/QUOTE

Bottom X.

I am not convinced that map is accurate, however. Methinks its the next canyon over to the North. Read all the Rattlesnake posts carefully or go with someone who has run the trail.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by terrymac
Originally posted by jeepin junkie
so do you start at the top x or bottom x? thaks [/QUOTE

Bottom X.

I am not convinced that map is accurate, however. Methinks its the next canyon over to the North. Read all the Rattlesnake posts carefully or go with someone who has run the trail.

I looked long and hard at the aerial maps and I think you are right. It is most likely the next canyon to the north east but not sunshine canyon.

demon jeep

Banned
It is the one to thewest of were your X is

I did the same thing until I got to go over it in a helocopter. That is why I started to look at the constrictor but Shawn beat me to it.

Cujo

Are you sure that this is "rattlesnake" depicted on the map? The reason I ask is that a few of us went out there this past weekend. We ran that trail up to the four way intersection just north of there and didn't encounter nothing even remotely hard enough where a two wheel drive standard truck couldn't do. I'm absolutely positive that I was on that exact trail depicted. I've been reading maps and navigating far before there was GPS. To make sure though I even utilized my GPS. The only thing that I can figure is that there is a spur road that we missed with any obstacles of any significance. Based on the map provided is there a spur trail just to the west as you pass the tailings? Is this trail mega short? We would really like to find this. We were all over that side of the mountain yesterday and didn't find nothing other than minor rutted trails.

my4thjeep

I have been out to 5 mile pass many times but i have never been on the "rattlesnake" trail. I created the map and gps position from the topo map above. addition info HERE

Klif01

Do I bother you?
I think if you head on the left fork from the left of the X then you will end up on a 2wd road you have to turn off the main road and go up what looks like a wash at first as it turns into a canyon.