Re-spline an axle shaft

phillippi

Never enough time
I am in the process of cutting down a front d44 HP axle myself, but I cannot find anyone here local that cuts and re-splines axle shafts. Anyone here know of a place in Utah or SL county that does this. If so how much are they asking? Thanks for the help.

iwakunijeeper

*** Ambassador to Japan
I am pretty sure there was a post about this recently and Andy said he could do it.
He works at Six States if my memory serves me right I think their number is 488-4677 I would talk to him or Eric if he still works there havent been there for about 4 years or so

iwakunijeeper

*** Ambassador to Japan
phillippi said:
I did a search and could not come up with anything under re-splining or re-spine. :confused:
HMMM I did a search and didnt find anything either but I swear I remember seeing it..... maybe my wife is right I am losing it. Anyhow I would give them a call and see what they can do, both Eric and Andy are good guys. Who knows maybe Andy will see this and let you know some more info.

S

sukaB

He sends eemm out to the same place we use....
Either can help, call him first and then me if need be...

iwakunijeeper said:
HMMM I did a search and didnt find anything either but I swear I remember seeing it..... maybe my wife is right I am losing it. Anyhow I would give them a call and see what they can do, both Eric and Andy are good guys. Who knows maybe Andy will see this and let you know some more info.

Yep, that was me, I was looking to have a shaft cut for my cruiser before it got stolen.

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=13348&highlight=respline

There's a machine shop here in Murray that can do them too. I can't remember the name right now though.

MRJ

Just a user
I don't know what the big secret is but the only person that does this is Steve Oblad. You can reach him at his work Loveridge Machine @ 262-1414.

grinch

inner city redneck
Dint know it was a secret but thats who I always use when I break my narrowed 44 shafts.... Not cheap but always been a good job.

phillippi

Never enough time
grinch said:
Dint know it was a secret but thats who I always use when I break my narrowed 44 shafts.... Not cheap but always been a good job.

Well how much is not cheap? I has to be cheaper then buying new shafts, right??? :eek: