Real Immigration Solution

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Big issues need big ideas and big solutions. They need forward thinkers willing to get hard work done. I'm not saying I'm that person, but I'm not saying I'm not either. I fancy myself a bit of a stateman. I'm going to just say what everyone else is thinking...

I think we can create a near contiguous immigration pathway between Mexico and Montana's hat by trading Nevada to Mexico for Baja (Cal and Sur), and then give Idaho to Canada (no compensation necessary, in fact we may need to sweeten the deal by throwing in a universal car insurance rider for all preexisting Canadian drivers that will now be at an elevated risk on their commutes to and from hockey practice). We'd have to install a highspeed tramway or something between Yuma and the Nevada border, but other than that trivial detail, who says no to that deal?

Since we've established all immigrants are after free handouts, offering a direct path to a country with more substantial government funded social welfare programs would instantly reduce illegal immigration to something approaching the limit zero, were this calculus.

This also removes the financial burden of the US having to prop up the geographic and cultural wastelands of those outpost "states", and removes the border crossing nightmare that often plagues travel between the US and Baja. Much like RS2477 claims, we retain "right of way" on our preexisting network of highways and freeways to insure no interruption of goods traveling through our freight corridors.

If we can pull this off, I'd happily volunteer to be one of the first groups of pioneers to first colonize the newly free land of Baja.

Last edited:

notajeep

Just me
I asked Chat GPT to rename Idaho as if it belonged to Canada:

If Idaho were to become a Canadian province, it might be renamed "Boreal Ridge." This name captures both the northern geographical features and the rugged, mountainous terrain that characterizes much of Idaho's landscape. Additionally, it pays homage to the boreal forests that are prevalent in the region.

notajeep

Just me
This is fun:
User

You
Rename the state of idaho if were now a canadian province.

ChatGPT
If Idaho were to become a Canadian province, it might be renamed "Boreal Ridge." This name captures both the northern geographical features and the rugged, mountainous terrain that characterizes much of Idaho's landscape. Additionally, it pays homage to the boreal forests that are prevalent in the region.

User

You
Add a reference to sub par drivers

ChatGPT
If Idaho were to become a Canadian province, it might be renamed "Boreal Ridge." This name captures both the northern geographical features and the rugged, mountainous terrain that characterizes much of Idaho's landscape. Additionally, it pays homage to the boreal forests that are prevalent in the region. And who knows, perhaps the new name will come with a reputation for superior drivers, a welcome change from the subpar ones we often encounter on the roadways.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Do Canadians like potatoes? We should really figure out how to talk them into the Idaho deal.

J-mobzz

I think the more obvious provincial name would be Canada's Florida.
You are aware that Saskatchewan exists right? The fine people of Medicine Hat Alberta really would be the Alabama separating the new Providence probably more fittingly resembling Mississippi.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Why we gotta give them Idaho? Idaho is cool, man. Give them Minnesota or something. That's basically just South Canada anyway.
We can also give them the most northern part of Montana. Bunch of doofs fly canadian flags up there already.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Unique idea and I applaud your creativity. This is a better solution for my people

View attachment 169767
But that seems to fly in contrast to what we're trying to achieve here.

A thought I did have... Why are we concerned about traditional borders here? We're already redrawing things. We annex out that strip of the Colorado from Yuma up through Laughlin and Havasu and give that to Mexico. It's already a spring break destination for rich drunk kids, so that preserves it's only use. For giving that up, California gets to take Tahoe down to the foothills outside of reno. Maybe reno could be like our Hong Kong. A lawless melting pot of capitalism, sex tourism, and noodles (nudes and noods). So really nothing changes but the noodles.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Instead of giving Canada all of Idaho we should take the eastern areas of Washington and Oregon to create that corridor. I guess we could include the far north of Idaho but I feel like we need to keep our brothers and sisters of south Idaho part of the congregation.

That would provide peace to the huge political division of west vs east Washington/Oregon.