For Sale - Best Offer Rear Axle... Don't know what it is.

shrubeck

Mmm Commulicious
This was left sitting in the driveway of my house in Orem by our recently removed renters. I don't know what it is. I don't know what it's from. I don't know what it's worth. Anyone know anything about it and want it? I'll take any amount... any. I'll even be nice and count the sale against the $2k+ we're going to have to take them to court over.

I'm living in Grand Junction now, so I can't get any additional pics or info on it.
970-462-seven 6 two 6

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
60 or 70 is my guess. BUT, with the extra ribbing on the housing, probably 60HD. Measure the I.D. of the spindles to be sure...a 70 will be a hair over 1.5" ID, a 60 will be a hair over 1 3/8".

If the spindles are as rusty as they look, then it's probably not worth much more than scrap metal. :(

Edit: just noticed there is an axleshaft. You can count the splines on that shaft--60 will most likely be 30 spline, 70 will be 35.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
With a 2-piece carrier I'd guess it is a Dana 70 (or just a limited slip carrier in a 60 or 70.) D70s were common in 32 spline as well as 35 spline.

Last edited:

jr4x

Thats a spicer power lock limited slip. Count the splines or have some one who is close do it for you.