Rear D-shaft lenght

Where I moved to there are no D-shaft facilities ! Im going to lift my XJ and do an SYE but dont have the time to have my car sit. So if you have a 97 plus XJ with 6 inches of lift can you measure your shaft for me. Or from the output housing to the center of the rear yoke. Then I can order one for now and fix it later. Thanks

Brett

Meat-Hippy
It really depends on the vehicle dude. That's kind of a half assed way to do it. Each Jeep sits a bit differently than another ones does, so you wouldn't be getting an accurate length measurement.

GreenYJ

Brett said:
It really depends on the vehicle dude. That's kind of a half assed way to do it. Each Jeep sits a bit differently than another ones does, so you wouldn't be getting an accurate length measurement.

Hey, just go ahead and put the lift on and drive around in 4 high. You will still have your front wheels. Unless when you lift it your front driveshaft is too short. I did for a couple of days when I went to the SYE on my YJ. the only prob is when you are turning, it sometimes chirps a little. You won't tear up anything as long as you are not trying to go rock crawling.