rear dana 44 disc brakes

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
I am thinking about adding disc brake to a scout dana 44 rear that I want to put on my jeep and want to hear you opions and ideas. the only one that I have found are the TSM kit and the Warn one. The Warn one need to have the warn full floater kit too and that is too much. Should I spend the $ and get the TSM kit or just keep the drum brake? Are there other kits out there?

Too Far

parts is parts
Look for a '93-'97 isuzu rodeo axle. They are 58" wide and have vented disk brakes with a small drum for the e-brake. They will have 6 lugs 4.10 or 4.30 gears and some have track-locks. If you look around you could probably pick one of these up for less than a disk brake conversion kit. The '93-'97 isuzu axles use standard parts, so swapping gears or lockers is no problem.

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
Well i already have the scout axle and rims. If I was going to use a different axle I would use a 14bolt, but I want to use what I have and keep my width to a minimum. I was just woundering if there was a less expensive way to put disk on this axle, or do you think the drums would be fine with 35's. I can already feel my brake working over time and want better stopping.

I bought a TSM kit and I am impressed.......my buddy just showed me some bracket he found (I'll find out where) that weld onto the axle tubes and your calipers bolt to them......cheap but incomplete......my TSM kit came with brackets, bolts , rotors, and studs for $270.......cant beat it!!!!!:D