Rear disk brakes on a FF14bolt

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I am cheepo and looking for a bolt on setup for as little money as possible. I seen brent has em...who else. The beast is a 8lug chevy. I have to give back the setup it has right now but want to throw em back on....

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Go to coloradoK5 web sight. There is a guy there that sells them for around $65.00.

I'm making my own,,, well I have been for the last few months,,, I just need to machine them and they are done.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Yea misfit....What other do's and don't do you recomend? 3/4 ton disk, 1/2 ton chevy caliper, the mounts from someone. I thought that you could just get the front caliper brackets off a 44?

Caleb

If you email w_o_england@msn.com his name is Bill he is having some weld-on brackets made up and I bet you could get a set from him for pretty cheap...I am going to be...tell him I(Caleb) told you to get in touch with him...It seems you know exactly what parts you need...brackets are the biggest pain (which isn't a very big pain:D) this setup is pretty cheap(or as cheap as you get)

Caleb

yeah he has to add a little to the overall length and open up where the caliper bolts to...let me find the site I bought mine off of and I will post it...:D

Caleb

I found it... www.aa-mfg.com pn AA-049-A they sell them for $6.77 a piece plus shipping...if you want I will sell you mine for $12 if you want to mod them yourself(I think it would be very easy to do)...there was a guy on POR who used the same ones and had to do the same thing I will see if I can find his pictures if not I will try and get some on of my own and photochop them to show you what I am talking about:D:D:D

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
MAN thats ugly as hell!! what is the issues? I thought that AA was circle track. Not everybody will just lengthen and widen there brackets. Why haven't you used yours? I'd like a bolt on kit but....
lets see I looked up prices yesterday at autozone.
78..3/4ton front rotor....11$
78..1/2 ton 4x4 caliper 12$
78.. 1/2 ton caliper pads 12$
that weld on bracket 7$
so....all this....x2
84$ for disk brakes...ok 100+ cuz of rubber lines and stuff... NICE!!

Belly Dragger

There is a guy on the Pirate BBS that gives away bracket diagrams so you can make your own. Unfortunately I deleted my PM's so I don't remember who it is. But it's a cool deal. His is bolt to bolt so no ugly potential failing welding.

Caleb

Originally posted by Skyetone
MAN thats ugly as hell!! what is the issues? I thought that AA was circle track. Not everybody will just lengthen and widen there brackets. Why haven't you used yours? I'd like a bolt on kit but....
lets see I looked up prices yesterday at autozone.
78..3/4ton front rotor....11$
78..1/2 ton 4x4 caliper 12$
78.. 1/2 ton caliper pads 12$
that weld on bracket 7$
so....all this....x2
84$ for disk brakes...ok 100+ cuz of rubber lines and stuff... NICE!!

I agree that looks like bird shit on there...but you get the point...I haven't used mine yet because I am waiting till I get all the parts and have some spare time to add to mine...yep very cheap and if you buy bolt on brackets you have just doubled to overall cost:D:D:D...I will be using weld on brackets:p

MattL

that is a hundred as long as you dont have to mess with propotioning valves and brake booster issues. just my .02

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Belly Dragger
There is a guy on the Pirate BBS that gives away bracket diagrams so you can make your own. Unfortunately I deleted my PM's so I don't remember who it is. But it's a cool deal. His is bolt to bolt so no ugly potential failing welding.

Get that guy's name, I'd be interested in that.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I tried to find it. Look under disk in search. it's under one of the headders that show up. I've seen it. Sorry I can't help more...