Wanted Rear end guru

jeepinjimmy

I have a lot of play in the rear end of my 91 Cherokee. I am looking for someone who is willing to work on it for me. My first born is already promised out but anything less than that would be acceptable.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Do it right - use a FORD 8.8 ;)

Yeah, replace it with an over-priced axle that needs wheel spacers, a yoke adapter, perches, shock mounts, brake lines, e-brake lines etc. Nailed it. The 8.25 is a good, underrated axle and the 8.8 is a good but overrated axle ;) IMO of course. The best thing about the 8.25 is that it's already in his jeep.

Tattons does gear setups last I checked and of course six states does as well. Call around

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling
Why did he replace the bearings if he couldn't verify or correct backlash, pinion height, and preload... Seams odd to me (unless you mean wheel bearings...) I would also find a JY replacement as it will be far cheaper then paying to redo everything for a factory setup you can just bolt in for 80-160$

If you have 3.55's (almost all automatics do) then here is a good buy with a trac lock....

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?105367-29spl-Chrysler-8-25-with-trac-lok-and-3-55s

Last edited:

jeepinjimmy

He replaced the wheel bearings and the carrier bearings. my concern about just stuffing another axle under it is how long until those bearings go out and I have to do this again