Rebuild a FOX 2.0 air shock

TubeToy

TubeToy
A few years back I bought a set of 4 brand new fox air 2.0 shocks for a buggy build That I was doing. about 6 months later the buggy was done. When I filled all 4 air shocks one of them leaks,it will not hold air for longer then an hour. That was new out of the box, the shop I got the shocks from was no longer in business, so I called fox and they would not do any thing about it. So I just bought a new one and put this one on the shelf. Well now I want to rebuild this one. It does not look like there is much to them, I am betting it is just a bad seal.
Polypreformance has all the seals, so how do i rebuild it? Thanks

D

Deleted member 12904

Very simple fox has instructions on their web site.

TubeToy

TubeToy
I looked up the youtube stuff and looked up coilover bible and looked at foxs set up, but every thing I can find is on coil overs and not air shocks, lol but i am betting they are the same or close to,

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
TubeToy said:
I looked up the youtube stuff and looked up coilover bible and looked at foxs set up, but every thing I can find is on coil overs and not air shocks, lol but i am betting they are the same or close to,

They will be very similar to the coilovers as far as rebuilding goes...

forget rebuilding it, sell it and buy a ADS airshock, they are way better and equal in price

Genius.:rolleyes:

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
lots of things, like the use viton rubber seals instead of teh cheap plastic ones fox uses, far better wiper seals on the shaft make the shock go far longer with out wearing out by getting dirt and crap in the shock, better valving to reduce if not get rid of un loading, way better damping moer consistent. I have compared them side by side on the same rig and the difference is staggering