Recognizable Suburban

Bart

Anyone recognize this Suburban? It was involved in the theft of a buddies XJ. Should be very easy to spot. Older body style, lowered, with large wheels. Looks like 20 inchers. I have .bmp pics that are more clear if you'd like a better pic. They're just too big for this sight. Please contact me with any information.
Bart
jacobsba@uvsc.edu
801-361-2816

Last edited:

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
Where was it stolen? Just curious of the area to keep an eye out for this suburban. That is great you got pics of it happening! Might want to check out the local gas stations about that time for thier surviellance video. Did you give this to the police? I hope they nail this guy!

Bart

PierCed_3 said:
Where was it stolen? Just curious of the area to keep an eye out for this suburban. That is great you got pics of it happening! Might want to check out the local gas stations about that time for thier surviellance video. Did you give this to the police? I hope they nail this guy!

It was stolen from Mity Lite in north/west Orem. They apperantly had been scouting it because they knew enough to bring an air tank to air up a flat tire.

Yes, the police have the pics but seem somewhat oblivious for some reason. We are searching for the Burb here in town. Thanks for the help.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Here are slightly better pics of the suburban

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

I tried to brighten the photos, to show the Suburban better, looks like large 20ish rims, with low profile tires, also looks like the rear doors are the split "barn door" style. And if you look real close you can see a scum bag behind the wheel.

pic 1 enhanced
pic 2 enhanced
pic 3 enhanced

Last edited:

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I'm down in Orem, I'll make sure and keep an eye out. I'll also email these pics around to my buddies. The more people looking, the better. What's some contact info? Police number, case number, officer in charge?
Devin

Last edited:

Jeeplvr

Back to formula!
I messed with the 1st picture a little. Looks like possibly a mid to late 90s Ford by the emblem on the side and the big ole chrome front bumper but the squared back fenders are throwing me. They look more like a chevy.
Might also have a bug shield and running boards or ground effects?
randyjeep1[2].jpg

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That's a Suburban, Ford didn't make anything that shape until the Excursion, which that is definitely not.

I'll keep my eyes open out here in Tooele, too, on the off chance.

Bart

My friends XJ was recovered despite the inept police force down here. He had taken them the license plate number of the Suburban and the pictures and they still wouldn't even investigate until he got real irrate after many phone calls. When they did finally go to the house they found the XJ partially stripped in the back yard. How hard would it have been to at least drive by this guys house earlier. What is wrong with the police in Orem?

Anyway, the seats are gone and the tranny and freshly rebuilt t-case are gone also. There may be other things but those are the biggies. The real kicker is Randy had just had the old manual tranny replaced with this AW4 tranny and it took forever to get the wiring right. I'd bet all those wires are now cut.

The guy that owns the Suburban and the house it was found out claims it was his grandson that took it. His grandson is currently in jail. I think due to the circumstances the grandfather can be held liable for this.

At least he got it back, or will do after he gets it out of impound.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Bart said:
My friends XJ was recovered despite the inept police force down here. He had taken them the license plate number of the Suburban and the pictures and they still wouldn't even investigate until he got real irrate after many phone calls. When they did finally go to the house they found the XJ partially stripped in the back yard. How hard would it have been to at least drive by this guys house earlier. What is wrong with the police in Orem?

Anyway, the seats are gone and the tranny and freshly rebuilt t-case are gone also. There may be other things but those are the biggies. The real kicker is Randy had just had the old manual tranny replaced with this AW4 tranny and it took forever to get the wiring right. I'd bet all those wires are now cut.

The guy that owns the Suburban and the house it was found out claims it was his grandson that took it. His grandson is currently in jail. I think due to the circumstances the grandfather can be held liable for this.

At least he got it back, or will do after he gets it out of impound.

good and bad.

glad he got it back.

shitty they had taken stuff off already.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
What is wrong with the cops? They should be liable for the lost parts. If they woulda got off their lazy a$$es earlier, maybe it would've all been in one piece. :mad2: At least he got back most of it.
Devin

mesha

By endurance we conquer
WayneXJ said:
Cops must have been to busy giving out tickets to meet the quota.

They are called GOALS not quota! (At least that is what the cop told me last time I asked when I was getting a ticket. :ugh: bad idea :sick: )

"What you don't have goals at work why does everyone care if we have goals! what is the big deal. I suppose we shouldn't bust drug dealers and crack houses because it was a goal to make the community a better place. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: " ,said head vein popping officer.