Recommend a Rifle scope

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
What do you recommend for a rifle scope? (.243)
Trying to keep it around $100.
BSA?
Tasco?
Simmons?
Bushnell?
Something else?
:confused:

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'll agree with Muleskinner... $100 scopes are almost not really worth buying.

I have a Leupold MkIV M1, retail about $1200. It's nice! But the Tasco stuff is not too bad either, and much cheaper. Light transmission and return-to-zero are not as good at all, but very serviceable.

Shell out MORE, you'll be glad, esp if you're bothering w/.243.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I have one Lepould, and one Nikon, both are fine. The nikon 3-12 is on my .243 sure makes it fun to shoot. The 12x is a little hard to aquire targets, I find myself starting around 6x, finding the target, then zooming out to 12 for the shot. I could not shell out $300 for a scope on the new rifle, so I put a $29.99 Tasco 3x9 from Walmart on it until I could get a good scope.
I vote to either pay the $ to get a good one that looks clear, or just go to Walmart until you can save enough to get a good one. Last I was looking it was between Nikon, Burris, Leupold, they are all similar for the price ranges.
Also before you buy ask the sales guy to show you the $800 - $1000 scopes. Once you look through one of those and understand how clear and bright they really are it may help you pick a mid price one that looks the closest because you will know what to be looking for.

idoc

One thing about a Leupold is that it has a lifetime warranty. If you find one at a pawn shop you can send it in and they will clean it for you and repair it if someting is wrong.