Recommend me a trustworthy driveline shop

ozzy702

I need at least a new rear driveshaft on my toyota since my slip yoke is shot. Any recommendations for someone that does good work but won't break the bank? I'm not too impressed with the shop that did mine down in Vegas...

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Six States in SLC or Gaylon's in Lehi.

I have had a couple made at both places, Six States overall has been the best experience as it is easy to catch Gaylon on a bad day.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I've had Tatton's do a number of them now and never had an issue. I had Woods build me a set and they were $$$ and seemed to be of the same quality.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
You won't do better for a better price than Curtis at Tatton's. If you want the same shaft, and pay way more for the marketing get a Woody.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
You won't do better for a better price than Curtis at Tatton's. If you want the same shaft, and pay way more for the marketing get a Woody.

I actually had Curtis lengthen a brand new front shaft from Tom when I decided to do a shackle reversal and he uses that way bigger spline than Tom does. Some people have had bad experiences at either place but I've had great luck with Tatton's

ozzy702

Consulting the google... it sounds like some of the people have complained about Tatton's shafts not being balanced, any issues lately of this happening? Most of the reviews appear to be from 2010 or so.

My current rear shaft probably has 5000 miles on it or so and the slip yoke is very worn out and has play and it vibrates like crazy above 30mph. It was greased heavily when new but I never greased it a second time. 5000 miles in my mind is not a lot. It has two Moab trips, a handful of short wheeling trips like 5-mile and a bunch of street miles. Needless to say I'm very unhappy but the shaft was built four years ago so even though there is very little use on it I can't go back to the shop (plus it's in Vegas).

Last edited: