REKLUSE AUTOMATIC MOTORCYCLE CLUTCHES

Cascadia

Undecided
So how easy is a rekluse to install? Are there any special tools required and do they come with good instructions? Caleb, I know you've installed a few. If I got one could you squeeze me in and help me install mine?

Caleb

If you can bring it up here then I'd be happy to help you out. It'll take an hour or so, so plan on a couple hours :p

The install is very easy. Infact, I basically just re-installed mine tonight because I replaced my clutch pack and had to readjust it. Depending on the bike, it's basically pull the clutch cover off, pull the clutch pack out, separate steels and friction plates, remove a few of each, reinstall and include the rekluse ring where the instructions tell you to. Then your bike may or may not include an external slave cylinder. If it does (my 500 did, my 300 did not), then you pull the old one, install the new one, bleed your clutch, then adjust your free play at the external slave cylinder. Done. Ride it a bit (they have break-in instructions), then readjust. Now you're ready to ride.

I really will help you install it if you would like and want to bring it up here. If we have time, we could also adjust the sag on your suspension.

Caleb

I'm covering for my boss this week so I have to be in the office. I should be off around 5 and home by 6. We could do it around 7 if that works. That would allow me a minute to see my wife and kid and grab a bite to eat.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I'm getting too much freeplay gain on my exp 3.0.

I've ran out of adjustment on my clutch perch and top cable.

I'll play with it tonight and adjust it down by the motor.

I had to adjust mine in on the motor end too, just adjusted my perch and main today for the first time in a year, makes me think there is hardly any wear on the plates in a 100 hrs. before my rekluse I was changing plates every 70 hrs. of coarse that was because of Kawi's weak springs after I switched to stiffer springs it was better.

Im not sure on the 3.0 but on the 2.0 there is not suppose to be any freeplay at all, its strange, but you pull the lever about a 5/8 in until you fill some resistance with it running then rev to 5000 rmp, and lever should suck in about 3/8 of an inch at rev if its adjusted properly.

Last edited:

Caleb

Something else worth mentioning is you should adjust your clutch perch back in and then get it adjusted at the motor end. This will allow you to adjust the recluse out at the clutch perch if you ever needed to (i.e. to bump start your bike). You probably have to adjust a little at both the motor and clutch, but I'd make sure you had enough at the clutch side to adjust it out if you need to. Hope that makes sense :D

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
After talking to Joe at Rekluse, he suggested I try to adjust it more at the barrel adjuster because I found out, to my chagrin, there is no adjuster at the engine side.

It worked well enough to get the free play gain set correctly, and I got to buzz around the neighborhood doing 5000 rpm pulls to break in the new EXP.

And it's awesome.

Caleb

That's awesome. My Honda CRF didn't have an adjustment at the engine either. You're going to quickly see what these sissy clutches are all about :D