Relay question(s)

lilsamiman

Stupid TV, be more funny!
I am gonna hook up a booster wire setup to my headlights. Some may know what I am talking about. Its when you take a relay or two and use them to get your lights a little more powerful, by not using the stock wire for the supply. My bro did it on a FJ80 and damn. And in the past I have installed a remote start with door locks and used relays without having to ground them. And a site my bro found it has a relays harness with a diode in it. So from what I see it doesnt ground out. Anyway the question is does anyone know in what cases can this be used. I really dont know why I am going to such a damn length to ask this but hey my mind wonders.:rofl:

Oh yeah and another dumb one. I have a illumintaing switch for my ignition so I can start it flip a swtich and walk back into my house or into a store without worrying about anyone being able to drive away. And way with that switch when I turn my key on, it turns the light on. Anyway I can have it only light up when the switch is being used alone?

Last edited:

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I'm confused... :confused:
how does a relay operate without a ground...?

Diodes are added to relays (both internally and externally) in order to eliminate voltage spikes that can occur when the relay contacts are broken (aka, the relay is turned off). AFAIK, this would normally only apply to applications where electronics or other sensitive equipment is used.

I don't understand your ? about the illuminated switch.