Relocating from New Mexico

Bodine

One Call That's All
Well that thing sure adds a little twist to the (whats the best wheelbase length) thread :eek: J/K

Welcome to RME :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Welcome to RME & Utah Stan! I hope you like UT, I lived there for 15 yrs. Utah has a lot to offer, if you're bored you're not looking to hard for fun.

Let us know what you need as far as moving, if you have any questions about areas, parts of town, etc. We're a pretty friendly community & always willing to help. :)

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Welcome love to see it in action.:)

On your post it mentioned spending too much on tires, Thats why it is cool to have sponsors. Interco is my tire sponsor and so my tires are free, but I do have to go to expos and shows with them and showcase the truck and help sell tires. Last year in Denver at the 4wheel parts show we sold a ton of tires. It was a blast. The down side is that I do have to try and keep the truck nice looking so I can't totally trash it. It does have lots of scratches, dents and such from wheeling. As you see by the videos we are not afraid to beat on it.:D

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Sweet videos and sweet rig. Welcome to RME. What part of Utah you moving to if you don't mind me asking

I dont know yet, hopefully somewhere in the mountains. My Home is in the mountains of Northern New Mexico at 7500 feet elevation and the mountains go up from there to about 11-13000. I am not a big city guy. I also like trees and that seem to be in short supply here in the valley. Here are some pictures of our property in New Mexico so you get an idea of what I call home.

Heber, Mountain Green, Morgan, Huntville all look good, and Brigham city looks nice. It is still up in the air so I am open to suggestions. Where is a good place to live with in commuting distance to Downtown SLC, and yet is near wheeling, fishing, hiking, etc.....

Attachments

• home1.JPG
    home1.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 6
  • home2.JPG
    home2.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 7
  • home 3.JPG
    home 3.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 5
  • home4.JPG
    home4.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
Where is a good place to live with in commuting distance to Downtown SLC, and yet is near wheeling, fishing, hiking, etc.....
Not Lehi. It used to be a nice place to live, but not anymore.

If you can afford it, Heber or Midway are probably your best bets for nice and close enough to SLC. Or, $undance, there are some very nice "cabins" up there, and limited room to grow into something distasteful.

From the looks of your pictures I wondering why you are moving.

Last edited:

Bart

Where you lived in NM looks beautful. I lived in Huntsville for 6 years and loved it. I consider it one of the prettiest places in Utah. That being said, for your situation, I'd consider Mountain Green. It's just a hop over Trappers Loop to Ogden valley, and closer to Weber Canyon, thus 167 to 89 (Mountain Rd) to I15 to Salt Lake. I'd imagine property values are a bit less there than Odgen Valley (Huntsville) area.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Wow, Pine view looks nice, lot of trees, but kinda pricey:sick: Thanks for the tips, I will look into Morgan, Mountain Green, and Heber.

I can't wait to get my family moved, and then start wheelin.

uglyblazer

Thanks Stan

I had the opportunity to meet Stan the other day and could not have been more impressed. Class act all around. After the T-REX, my sons don't get excited as they used to about lil' trucks with 6" lifts and 37" boggers, but some time in four low should fix that. The hobby and industry are lucky to you amongst their ranks. Thanks again. Brent Pectol, aka UglyBlazer

193kyle

So did you end up moving to Ogden? I saw your truck parked in front of a house in S. Ogden today. If thats your place you just live a few minutes away from me. We'll have to go wheeling sometime. By the way, your truck stands out just a little:D

N

NDspeed

I loved working with weapons. I hung them on 16's and watch them leave only to see a film about the explosion afterwards though!