Remember the guy that got Tasered by UHP

reddevil

'93 Cherokee
Is that like a buck a volt? I'm sure that will teach him not to be so stupid it the future, oh wait, no it won't. Next time (and there will be a next time) this guy should just be pushed in front of a semi.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
that story made me so mad last night on the news... The guy's lawyer is the ultimate DOUSCHE!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Wow! Just amazing. Thats my tax money going to that a$$hole. Anyone know if I can levy a civil suit against him to get that tax money back? :rolleyes:
I hope that kid is ashamed of himself.

utahxjer

hmm, kinda sends the message, go ahead and resist, pay your $82.00 speeding ticket and then get $40K....

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I've been tazed, we used to do it for kicks in high school... possibly related to my stupidity to this day? I'd do it for $40k in a heartbeart. However this really isn't a "win" for Massey, in the end it likely would have cost the taxpayers $100k+ to take it to court.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
No, it's a win for Massey. He got $40k.

It is worth it for society to spend that $100k, because if we did, a few times, F-ups like Massey wouldn't be able to get $40k when they disobey lawful orders from cops.

But I digress, and it's not the way things go anymore, anyway. Should never have been an issue, but it was, and this is how it turns out. :rolleyes: Oh well.

For what it's worth, I got pulled over twice in that same area, once by UHP, and once by Uinta County Sheriff's Dept.... neither of them tased me. Disappointing, I know, but they were both decent fellows, the UHP the cooler of the two. :D

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
For what it's worth, I got pulled over twice in that same area, once by UHP, and once by Uinta County Sheriff's Dept.... neither of them tased me. Disappointing, I know, but they were both decent fellows, the UHP the cooler of the two. :D

:rofl::rofl: I hope they at least gave you a dirty look... :rofl:

Bart

Massey was/is a jerk and I hate to see my tax dollars go into his pockets. As slimey as his lawyers are, they were doing their jobs, and got a settlement out of it.