• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Remote Starter Installation

pELYgroso

'Merica
can you do a remote start in a '92 4runner w/ the 22re? And I'm assuming I have to leave it parked in neutral....what happens when I leave it in first and try to hit the remote start in the morning? Can you quote me for a remote start and power door lock button? it doesn't need to be anything fancy w/ a 2 mile range...

Thanks!

never got a pm....I'd like to do this in the next few weeks. Any chance that happen?

ps, my 4runner has power door locks but I don't think it has the actuator or whatever it needs for the remote.

Last edited:

Jesser04

It's been two months since I've had my remote start installed. The install was great and Joseph was easy to deal with the product not so much. It only has a starting range of approx. 100' with a direct line of sight inside my house forget about it. I've sent Joseph a few text messages along with pictures and videos of it not working. I've replaced the battery tried every possible thing I could think of. My response from his has been less than what I expected from him after the install. If I would have known he wasn't going to stand behind the product I would have taken my business else where. Maybe I'm expecting to much from the starter but IMHO it should start my car from my bedroom or across the parking lot at smiths.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

maybe it's because I have the 2-way remote, but so far I've been able to get my truck to start at least 400' away (direct line of sight), 100' away through walls and buildings and stuff. I'll have to see if I can get it farther than 400 feet.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
The security part would be at odds with the expo box part. I am really super-smart but a lot of work would have to go into how the various triggers would need to be bypassed... it would be a total custom job.

How about a very mild security system?... Like just proximity or there abouts...
And to make it more complicated, te vehicle in question is an '04 LJ with an OBD1 LT1 in it....

PM me some ballpark $$ if ya could...

zukgod1

Senior crawler
I would like to have auto start on my 07 Ram. Auto trans, Diesel.
First question, where are you located?
Second, what brands can you get?
Third, I want a turbo timer as well, problem?

It did have a Edge system in it with a turbo timer. I removed the Edge but left the turbo timer stuff. You may or may not be able to use that.

Let me know.

sent from my mobile thingy while picking my nose.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I would like to have auto start on my 07 Ram. Auto trans, Diesel.
First question, where are you located?
Second, what brands can you get?
Third, I want a turbo timer as well, problem?

It did have a Edge system in it with a turbo timer. I removed the Edge but left the turbo timer stuff. You may or may not be able to use that.

Let me know.

sent from my mobile thingy while picking my nose.

1 - Salt Lake
2 - CrimeStopper
3 - Turbo timer is a built-in option but you can leave the Edge if you like the way it functions.