Renewing car registration online

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Sounds like Utah is pushing for a similar thing. Move away from charging tax on fuel and move to road usage tax based on mileage traveled.
I think this is more for the Electric Vehicles who are using the roads but not buying gas or buying it at a lower rate, so basically skipping the tax and getting the benefit of the roads...

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
interesting article...

I was aware of the volunteer program going on EVs but I didn't realize they were looking at all vehicle...

Looks like a train wreck of an idea where someone lies about mileage for years then when they sell the car, the new owner is stuck with past taxes...

Oh and taxation is Theft...

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Well I'm sure this will mean gas prices go down, right?

Bah dum tiss

Is there any way we can tax Utah's newcomers more than OG residents? Like hey we noticed you're from California. We have some bad news, your taxes are going to stay the same because we don't really want you here. Kthanksbye

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Well I'm sure this will mean gas prices go down, right?

Bah dum tiss

Is there any way we can tax Utah's newcomers more than OG residents? Like hey we noticed you're from California. We have some bad news, your taxes are going to stay the same because we don't really want you here. Kthanksbye
But Californians usually bring excellent ideas and politics with them, So we dont want to scare them away do we?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Taxation is 100% theft. But it's worse than that, if some stranger breaks into your house to steal your stuff and you stop them it's all good. But if you try to prevent the gov from stealing from you some alphabet agency will show up with guns. It's a mafia protection racket.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Taxation is 100% theft. But it's worse than that, if some stranger breaks into your house to steal your stuff and you stop them it's all good. But if you try to prevent the gov from stealing from you some alphabet agency will show up with guns. It's a mafia protection racket.

But thats ok cause we have like city parks and stuff and they always use the money to better help the community

Troop92

RockChucker

I'm curious how this would work. We travel frequently (well, will again this year) to Idaho and California, so much of the yearly mileage won't actually be "in" Utah. How does that work?
I’ve wondered the same thing. And how will it work for a vehicle that spends a significant portion of its yearly mileage in the dirt?