renting out my car hauler

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
what if a wheel bearing freezes up, and tire rips off at full speed on a corner in price canyon and the guy i towing with like a Durango or something? You going to be able to defend your trailer saying you weren't negligent in it's maintenance and therefor not responsible for the death of the entire family?

Cody

kirk86CJ

My dad loaned his 1/2 ton pickup to a neighbor to move a washer/dryer. My dad had unknowingly slightly bent the rear axle housing previously. The C-Clip finally gave, and the rear tire/axle came off while this neighbor was driving the truck down I-15. If I remember right, the wheel went through the median, crossed all 3 lanes of on-coming traffic, and hit the fence. The truck just fell down on the drum, and the guy pulled over. The truck really didn't get damaged, and the tire didn't hit anybody.

No harm done, but it could have turned out differently.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
You going to be able to defend your trailer saying you weren't negligent in it's maintenance and therefor not responsible for the death of the entire family?

Cody[/QUOTE]

Good point!

Who would I be defending myself against?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I rented a 16' tandem axle flatbed from Diamond Rental for $35/day. Had trouble getting the same price a second time (during the spring), but showed them the receipt and they were cool. :cool:

Seemed like a reasonable price to me. All the other places I called were $50+/day. :ugh:

that is a great deal!! every where I went wasn't even close to that.

rolloverBill

Have you or anybody you know ever rented out a house/apartment and held holding the bill for rent or damage to property. I have had friends in that same situation. The courts don't always agree with the owner. It's almost like renters have more rights then owners. I usually only let a close circle of friends borrow my car trailer just because some people can't drive an SUV by itself let alone a trailer behind it. (ie backing, taking corners, and merging into traffic)If I don't know or trust the person, I usually offer to pull it myself (local) for the price of diesel and alittle extra.