RESCUE HELP NEEDED Up Main Canyon RD Above Daniels Summit Lodge near Heber

skmohanty

Hi Everyone,

So After taking the RME nooby course last week i was out this weekend one mild dirt road above Daniel Summits Lodge. I got stuck on a patch of snow. No problem going up, just on the way back we got stuck. Some ATV guys were near by and picked us up and took us back to the lodge. I had to leave the vehicle up Main Canyon Road. I really could use some help getting out. I am trying to find someone near by (lodge is checking) however Is anyone in RME around the area? Its late tonight but if someone could help out tomorrow that would be great. I have a tow strap (see i did pay attention in class) , tree saver. Also forgot the shovel. (yes I as ill prepared!)

If anyone is available to help please email me at swomitra@gmail.com ASAP. I will definitely pay you for your time and effort. I appreciate any help.

-Bobby

littlyota

I can come and get you, but you are almost 2 hours away from me towing my rig. If you cover fuel I can head that way in the morning.

Hopefully someone closer will respond, but worst case scenario, let me know.

Keith

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I can also help out also.. If it's an easy road in and out, and you simply need a tug out of a drift I can take the wife's street jeep and make it a family adventure.. If you are into a rough spot I would also have to tow my jeep up on a trailer, but that gets expensive..

sixstringsteve

I'm about 1.5-2 hours away as well. I'm not familiar with the area, but there is a possibility I could come help.

A couple questions:

What rig are you in?
How big is the patch of snow?
How deep is it?
Will the vehicle extracting you be on snow or dirt?
Do you need a winch, or just another vehicle to give your tow strap a tug?
Will another vehicle be able to get there without getting stuck themselves?

skmohanty

I'm about 1.5-2 hours away as well. I'm not familiar with the area, but there is a possibility I could come help.

A couple questions:

What rig are you in?
How big is the patch of snow?
How deep is it?
Will the vehicle extracting you be on snow or dirt?
Do you need a winch, or just another vehicle to give your tow strap a tug?
Will another vehicle be able to get there without getting stuck themselves?

Wow you guys are awesome for replying so fast!! to Answer your questions:

I am in a 2nd generation Xterra with rear locker.

The patch of snow is approximately 40-50 feet long. The snow is packed down in most places. that patch we are stuck in was deeper and slushy. Snow covers 4-6 inches of the tire. We are just slipping and cannot get traction although there are other tire tracks through the snow.
If the recovering vehicle has a winch it will be on dry ground. My tow strap doesn't quite reach all the way to dry ground. I would need an extender.
On the way in there is a few patches of snow but mostly dirt road and a few small puddles too. I believe any off-road vehicle could reach us through the other small patches. The one we are stuck on is the only that was problematic coming down.

I have contacted a local tow company that has done this before in heber. its Pricey but I think they can get me out tomorrow morning.

I think will try them first and see how it goes since they are closer.

skmohanty

Yeah I am hoping that's what the tow guy has. I also believe it should be easy. my winch is being installed next month. Otherwise this wouldn't have been an issue. Live and learn. and at least it's only some snow.

Venture13

Post the cost of the tow and I am sure half the guys on RME will do it for 50% less. Last time I had a tow guy do some 4x4 extraction it was $650 for only 2.5 hours.

OutlawTJ

I will keep an eye on this tomorrow, i work until noon and would be willing to come down after work if needed.
If you want a second let me know. I sent him an email asking for more info. Really not wanting to head out there tonight unless its an emergency. But sounds like he is at the lodge and not on the trail still.

skmohanty

If you want a second let me know. I sent him an email asking for more info. Really not wanting to head out there tonight unless its an emergency. But sounds like he is at the lodge and not on the trail still.

So everyone knows I am safe in the lodge tonight. This can wait till morning. Rate for towing is 225 for first hour and 125 for each additional hour. If someone really wants to come up and has a winch I would be happy to pay them.

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling
I wish I had seen this earlier.. I would have come up and winched you out for pretty cheap, cover a tank of gas and some beer, I would in the morning but Have plans!

*EDIT* that tow bill sounds like it will hurt!

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I'm guessing you could hook two tow straps together and tug it out. Our use a jack and get something for traction under the tires.

skmohanty

Let me see what situation is tomorrow. I am going to talk to this Tow guy at 7:00 a.m. again. They are 20 minutes from the site. if they are equipped correctly and can make it I will go with them early in the morning, otherwise I will post/email and solidify something. I appreciate the attention. And i will make sure to pay if forward to someone else. I'll will also let you know when I get out.

skmohanty

Thanks I will get you guys know early tomorrow.

RogueJeepr

Here!
I bet if you air down your tires to about 15psi you'll back out of it quick. Save ya a chunk of change.

Last edited: