Rescue Needed Sat 5/24

LocalRich

Let me talk to the wife and see if she's ok watching the kid. I can bring my F250 to try the snatch out option or the old Bronco to use the winch. If I do the bronco I'll have to tow it out so is there parking that is safe for my F250 and trailer?

I have a son graduating Saturday morning. I suspect you guys will find a way to extract it, but if it is still there in the afternoon and you think extra weight would help, let me know. My mog is about 10k lbs.

Manlaan

Just in case I'm a bit late, could you show us closer to where you are, or give a few more directions past exit 62? (it is a long drive from Riverton after all).

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just in case I'm a bit late, could you show us closer to where you are, or give a few more directions past exit 62? (it is a long drive from Riverton after all).

Yea, I know what you mean, I'm almost as far in Daybreak. So here are the directions. I stole them from someone but can't remember who.

Drive west on I-80 to exit 62 (about 30 miles past Tooele). Take the exit and go North on the paved road (the road goes a block West first). After about 14 miles you will come to a nice dirt road the forks off to the right. There will be signs telling you that there is no stopping on the road (HAFB gun range). You follow this road for another 14 miles or so and you come to another split. The right split says the road is closed. You will take the left and wander through a gravel pit until you come to the main UP tracks running East and West. There is a stop sign (I think) and a sign about trespassing. Turn West (left) onto the gravel road that goes along side the tracks. Drive approximately 25 miles and you will see a road going off left (there is a stop sign on the road left, so if you look across the tracks you will see the back of it). I'm stuck 200-300 yards up this road. The map says it takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to the exit from my house. Bangarter to I-80 and out. There is a Sinclair station at 4000 W 10400 S that I will fill up at, at 8:00 if you want to meet me there (I'll be in a 1/2 ton blue Dodge Pickup) and follow me up. If not hope to see you there.

Medsker

Last edited:

LocalRich

I'm 99% in, didn't realize it was two hours+ from the house...

If I pull out the goose with a friends Toyota on it how good are these roads and is there somewhere to put the goose if we need to use my F250 as a pull truck?

Chevycrew

Keep in mind the stuck truck has a winch, 12k. With some heavy anchor trucks, and some jacking and shoveling, it should come out.

Medsker

I'm 99% in, didn't realize it was two hours+ from the house...

If I pull out the goose with a friends Toyota on it how good are these roads and is there somewhere to put the goose if we need to use my F250 as a pull truck?

There is a couple of places I think you could park. The gravel pit right before the road has plenty of room and I rarely see anyone actually working in it. You could also drive down the UP road and just park where we turn off to my truck. The UP road isn't to bad..it has puddles in it from rain but I did most of it at 60 mph. I think this would depend on if you want to explore the Newfoundland mountains or not. If you tow the Toyota down the UP road to the turn off you are only 200 yards from my truck so we might as well see what we can do before you unload it. If after we get my truck out you want to go exploring then it might be worth it.

I hope what I wrote made sense :)

LocalRich

There is a couple of places I think you could park. The gravel pit right before the road has plenty of room and I rarely see anyone actually working in it. You could also drive down the UP road and just park where we turn off to my truck. The UP road isn't to bad..it has puddles in it from rain but I did most of it at 60 mph. I think this would depend on if you want to explore the Newfoundland mountains or not. If you tow the Toyota down the UP road to the turn off you are only 200 yards from my truck so we might as well see what we can do before you unload it. If after we get my truck out you want to go exploring then it might be worth it.

I hope what I wrote made sense :)

I talked with Eric (my friend with the yota) and we are just going to run out to help you get unstuck and leave the trailer/his yota/my bronco at home. I'll toss my straps and d rings in the truck with my shovels. see you @ 9:30 @ exit 62 We will be in the white F250 with a Pirate4x4 sticker on the back window :D

Medsker

I talked with Eric (my friend with the yota) and we are just going to run out to help you get unstuck and leave the trailer/his yota/my bronco at home. I'll toss my straps and d rings in the truck with my shovels. see you @ 9:30 @ exit 62 We will be in the white F250 with a Pirate4x4 sticker on the back window :D

I sure appreciate it! See you then.

Manlaan

There is a Sinclair station at 4000 W 10400 S that I will fill up at, at 8:00 if you want to meet me there (I'll be in a 1/2 ton blue Dodge Pickup) and follow me up. If not hope to see you there.

I'll try to meet up with ya at Sinclair. Black Toyota with lights (bumper and roof) and hilift on the bumper. Pretty hard to miss. Just in case, my phone number is 801-428-7523. Name is Greg.

Medsker

Well we got her out. It had dried up considerably since I sunk her last Thursday. We were able to just pull her backwards with a strap. Thanks for Eric, Richard, Aaron, Eric's girl, my wife and Greg that came out and helped.

Here are a couple of pics, trust me it was a lot worse when it was filled with water.:)

Medsker

Attachments

• DSCN2430a.jpg
    DSCN2430a.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN2431a.jpg
    DSCN2431a.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN2434a.jpg
    DSCN2434a.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 103

ozzy702

Glad we could help. Next time please try getting stuck a little further in the boonies! :rofl: I'm glad we took Rich's truck instead of my toyota, it would have a been one bumpy ride out in my junk.