Resident Evil: Extinction

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
Well, just watched it on BluRay and I have to say I liked it. When the first one came out it scared the crap out of me and I had to watch it in two sittings... but, now that my mind has been a little more corrupted I really like this series. Maybe mostly that I think Milla Jovovich (Alice) is freakin' hott, but thats just me. The girl from Heroes (Ali Larter) is also in the move and does a good acting job. Ashanti also plays in the movie and does a decent performance, but I think she should stick to the music.
"Survivors of the Raccoon City catastrophe travel across the Nevada desert, hoping to make it to Alaska. Alice (Jovovich) joins the caravan and their fight against the evil Umbrella Corp." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0432021/
The movie starts off with kinda a confusing twist that gives you dejavu. In the total story line not a lot of story is told during the hour and a half. It gives you more into the aftermath of the first two, but there isn't a huge amount of story shown. A few interesting fight scenes and a lot of blood. There seemed to be less of a "scary" feel that the first one had, more of a revenge theme. The movie ended with too many loose ends in my opinion... a few are ok if you are planning another movie to follow, but this one left more open than I think they should have.
I'd recommend it if you have seen the first two, you should watch this one.
The detail and graphics with the BluRay was awesome. The computer generated graphics are very high quality, no gittery or 'overly phony' animation.
All in all I'd say its about a 3 star performance. Not GREAT, but worth watching a few times.