Responsible FJ Owner!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majojo4

Im also talking to the moderators athe the FJC Forums about having the Linksand comments to the video removed

moabrat

I just wanted to stop in here and post my reply to you fella's. You made quite a few sweeping, and dispariging statements about a forum membership that's both huge and diverse. I wouldn't presume to do that here, I wonder why you feel free over at our site. I am glad to see our young friend Majojo has made amends, he's a nice young lad, and I'm sure has learned a valuble lesson. You guys came down like a ton of lead on our whole membership and honestly, so few folks responded to Majojo's post over there it disappeared. Some of us have just been taking the opportunity to take him under a wing and lead by example. So since I know you won't go back and look here is my reply

Whoa, fella. Lot's of us have been participating for a long time in public works and canyon cleanup days. Not to mention offroading. No need to pop in, shoot your wad, and pop out. It's obvious you are taking out your anger aimed at the dozens of vehicles I see up AF every weekend tearing **** up for no reason, on an undereducated beginner. What a way to influence newcomers to our sport.
A lot of us didn't look in this thread because the title made us cringe, not due to a lackadaisical approach to environmental stewardship. By the way, nice to hear from all of you Wasatch Cruisers and UFWDA guys, I've sent both associations email wondering if you wanted some more involvement and hit a major black hole. Maybe it would be nice if the FJ owners around the area, and you obviously motivated UFWDA folks got together and figured out how to get some educational signage around this precious area this wouldn't happen again.
But only if you didn't just drop in to *****.

I didn't even know you guys exsisted on this board. Glad to find another resourse. Hope you welcome more than flame.

I just wanted to stop in here and post my reply to you fella's. You made quite a few sweeping, and dispariging statements about a forum membership that's both huge and diverse. I wouldn't presume to do that here, I wonder why you feel free over at our site. I am glad to see our young friend Majojo has made amends, he's a nice young lad, and I'm sure has learned a valuble lesson. You guys came down like a ton of lead on our whole membership and honestly, so few folks responded to Majojo's post over there it disappeared. Some of us have just been taking the opportunity to take him under a wing and lead by example. So since I know you won't go back and look here is my reply

Whoa, fella. Lot's of us have been participating for a long time in public works and canyon cleanup days. Not to mention offroading. No need to pop in, shoot your wad, and pop out. It's obvious you are taking out your anger aimed at the dozens of vehicles I see up AF every weekend tearing **** up for no reason, on an undereducated beginner. What a way to influence newcomers to our sport.

One post out of 2 pages said anything discouraging that behavior. If people are posting that on your board and you are a responsible wheeler then your members should be telling new people that they shouldn't be doing that. At least someone should have said something about removing the video. Where are you?
A lot of us didn't look in this thread because the title made us cringe, not due to a lackadaisical approach to environmental stewardship. By the way, nice to hear from all of you Wasatch Cruisers and UFWDA guys, I've sent both associations email wondering if you wanted some more involvement and hit a major black hole.

What was your name, and someone will look into it.

Maybe it would be nice if the FJ owners around the area, and you obviously motivated UFWDA folks got together and figured out how to get some educational signage around this precious area this wouldn't happen again. But only if you didn't just drop in to *****.

Travel maps are availalbe at any Forest Service office or BLM Field Office as I'm sure you know. As some guy hanging around your forum should know.

I didn't even know you guys exsisted on this board. Glad to find another resourse. Hope you welcome more than flame.

All responsible wheelers should be welcomed anywhere.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Seems to me that the title Responsible FJ Owner!!! is appropriate. I am going to end this on a good note and lock this thread. We have better places to voice specific land use issues. Thanks to majojo4 and moabrat for stepping up.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Mike -

Thanks for posting up! I (and others, surely) really appreciate that you have stepped up to this issue. I admit that I went overboard with my comments on the FJ board and I intend to edit / remove my posts. I get a bit heated and say things in the wrong way... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.