Restaurants with Indoor Playgrounds?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
We were there just a month or so ago, and still didn't like it. Maybe I'm just ordering the wrong thing? :confused: It's too bad because it really is a cool place for kids.

Agreed.. And for adults! Something like that would catch on fire if it had great food to go with the awesome entertainment! We kept trying it in hopes we were there on an off night. After 3 or 4 times we gave up... Though we did take the MIL when she came in from Hawaii and dealt with the crappy food/service for the entertainment....

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
There is an arcade attached to the Sky Box at the gateway.

Same with the Pizza factory that is built into Fat Cats bowling alley.

Don't forget Stoneground downtown. Pool tables!:greg:

What ever happened to taking the family out to dinner and everyone sitting there politely and dining? When ever I go out of state and dine I am floored by the lack of screaming unruly children. Its so... so... peaceful and enjoyable! Call me old fashion, but if your kid needs a playground when going out to eat, stay home, cook and let them play in the yard. Or go to Chuck-E-Cheese.
[/RANT]

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I think part of the problem is there are so many 'young' families that have multiple young children in Utah. I hardly expect a 23 year old who couldn't show the discipline to refrain from breeding prior to his wifes 1 month anniversy of being 18 to be a stern disciplinarian capable of keeping all 3 of his sub 5 y/o progeny from ruining my night.

If the parents don’t understand self control, then the children will have a difficult time picking it up. Just a theory.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I think part of the problem is there are so many 'young' families that have multiple young children in Utah. I hardly expect a 23 year old who couldn't show the discipline to refrain from breeding prior to his wifes 1 month anniversy of being 18 to be a stern disciplinarian capable of keeping all 3 of his sub 5 y/o progeny from ruining my night.

If the parents don’t understand self control, then the children will have a difficult time picking it up. Just a theory.

Very heady. Not sure if many people will understand it.

chicky

Peep!

Wow, you just wait... You'll see how hard it is to take your kids out one day. All we want is a nice place to go and eat and have our kids be able to come and have a confined area to play in that's somewhat blocked off to noise. There is definatly a market for this, trust me. We would love our children to sit there like the little angels they are but it ain't going to happen until that magic age of 4 I'm told. So for now I'm stuck eating at Mickey D's or Carls Jr. for the next 4 years unless you Cody would like to try something that I'm not. I would be happy to drop them off ... oh say Saturday night so we can have a date night. The only thing we haven't done is beat them and make them afraid of us and break their spirit. Kids are going to act 1,2,3,4 and so on until they relize how to act by our example.:)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Wow, you just wait... You'll see how hard it is to take your kids out one day. All we want is a nice place to go and eat and have our kids be able to come and have a confined area to play in that's somewhat blocked off to noise. There is definatly a market for this, trust me. We would love our children to sit there like the little angels they are but it ain't going to happen until that magic age of 4 I'm told. So for now I'm stuck eating at Mickey D's or Carls Jr. for the next 4 years unless you Cody would like to try something that I'm not. I would be happy to drop them off ... oh say Saturday night so we can have a date night. The only thing we haven't done is beat them and make them afraid of us and break their spirit. Kids are going to act 1,2,3,4 and so on until they relize how to act by our example.:)

She speaks the truth. Good behavior and manors are very important to us and we teach them to our kid every day... but kids have to be kids. They will act out, scream, run around, and do their thing no matter how disciplined you think you can make them.

We were eating at a steak house over a year ago when our boy (being good and sitting in a high chair) got a little upset and cried. Somebody in the area said something to the effect of "shut your kid up". Now, if I could have pin pointed the person who said it (the cowards wouldn't fess up) I would have knocked his head off his shoulders. How big of a person do you have to be? I bet he felt pretty macho in front of his buddies making remarks about a moderately loud infant. How pathetic do you have to be to say something like that?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

My parents, and I know they are not alone in this, did not take me or my sister out to eat or movies ect. until we had learned to be quite and respectful. If we began to act up or cry, they would take us outside until we calmed down as to not disturb the other guests. If we continued to cry and act up we would leave. That's teaching by example not just letting 'kids be kids'.
And yes, I know I'm playing armchair parent and if one day I do have children (I like to think by abstaining from that I'm doing my part in not over populating the planet) I will have to 'learn' the hard way.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
My parents, and I know they are not alone in this, did not take me or my sister out to eat or movies ect. until we had learned to be quite and respectful. If we began to act up or cry, they would take us outside until we calmed down as to not disturb the other guests. If we continued to cry and act up we would leave. That's teaching by example not just letting 'kids be kids'.
And yes, I know I'm playing armchair parent and if one day I do have children (I like to think by abstaining from that I'm doing my part in not over populating the planet) I will have to 'learn' the hard way.

That's exactly what we do. First, we rarely go to restaurants. Second, when we do, if the boy acts up we take him outside. This is why we love Joe's Crab Shack. He can play and we can eat. Everyone's happy. Sorry I offended you by asking if there are other similar establishments. You should probably stick with that genetic non-proliferation plan. ;)

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
That's exactly what we do. First, we rarely go to restaurants. Second, when we do, if the boy acts up we take him outside. This is why we love Joe's Crab Shack. He can play and we can eat. Everyone's happy. Sorry I offended you by asking if there are other similar establishments. You should probably stick with that genetic non-proliferation plan. ;)

No, not offended just felt like ranting. Have been out of town a lot recently and the Utah restaurant experience is rather poignant in my mind right now. I completely agree that there should be more establishments like you are talking about. There is a definite market for it here in Utah. Plus it keeps the little brats out of the restaurants that I enjoy patronizing. :D

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member

I wasn't taking a shot at you guys. In my mind there is a difference between 27-30 with a kid and 23 with 3 of them.

Don't take offense to things that weren't directed towards you.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Thre kid to restaurant ratio dramatically drops off after 8 pm. :D But I do appreciate it when parents take there kids outside if they get too bad. The worst ones are the ones who sit in the middle far away from the exits so they take about 2 minutes longer getting out. If it were we I would be in the aisle seat closer to an exit.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
What I hate more than anything is the mom that is constantly yelling across the room at Johnny because he isn't doing something that fat b*tch of a mother does/nt want him to do; or is inturupting her cell phone conversation with his loud, fun, playing with the other kids. I don't mind the kids making noise playing, to me that's their right - play cuz after all they are kids.

I let Austin have at it where there is a playground. But if we're in a restaurant where there isn't, you better believe he's sitting at the table with his crayons eating dinner. I think it's completely rude when the parents are ignoring their kids and letting them literally run around the restaurant, throwing things, or climbing on other booths - most of the time harassing the other guests. Sometimes they are harassing someone that is a good sport and actually ends up entertaining them. Funny, when they are doing so, the kid isn't so active...Imagine that, pay attention to your brat and they turn out to be a good kid.

...Not pissing about anyone in particular, just pissing in general :D Oh yeah, /rantoff

chicky

Peep!
I wasn't taking a shot at you guys. In my mind there is a difference between 27-30 with a kid and 23 with 3 of them.

Don't take offense to things that weren't directed towards you.

I know you weren't talking to us.. I just felt the need to say something. It's easy to say something when you haven't walked in parents shoes. We always make sure to take our boy out if he acts up and is making a lot of noise. It's just hard to ask a two year old to act 18. :)

Brett

Meat-Hippy
What I hate more than anything is the mom that is constantly yelling across the room at Johnny because he isn't doing something that fat b*tch of a mother does/nt want him to do; or is inturupting her cell phone conversation with his loud, fun, playing with the other kids. I don't mind the kids making noise playing, to me that's their right - play cuz after all they are kids.

I let Austin have at it where there is a playground. But if we're in a restaurant where there isn't, you better believe he's sitting at the table with his crayons eating dinner. I think it's completely rude when the parents are ignoring their kids and letting them literally run around the restaurant, throwing things, or climbing on other booths - most of the time harassing the other guests. Sometimes they are harassing someone that is a good sport and actually ends up entertaining them. Funny, when they are doing so, the kid isn't so active...Imagine that, pay attention to your brat and they turn out to be a good kid.

...Not pissing about anyone in particular, just pissing in general :D Oh yeah, /rantoff

I agree completely with you here Wayne. When Corissa, Riley and I are out eating dinner at a nicer resteraunt, Riley get's to draw with the Crayons and if she tries to get up and run around, the foot comes down. I've seen the kid's and parent's that don't contain their kid and I never want to have myself or Riley seen like that. She's three, but she still understand's how to behave in public dining places. I don't allow her to act like a hooligan. That's what Dirty's Ron's playhouse is for (McDonalds.)

Ah well, she's 3 and does a great job out eating. So far we haven't had anyone make any comments......I'm still teaching her the indoor voice ;)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I know you weren't talking to us.. I just felt the need to say something. It's easy to say something when you haven't walked in parents shoes. We always make sure to take our boy out if he acts up and is making a lot of noise. It's just hard to ask a two year old to act 18. :)

I have a brother with 3 boys 5, 1, 1 (twins) so I understand it's hard to ask a 2 year old to act 18. I was merely making a shot at a lifestyle that I neither agree with nor can fully understand--that is getting married super young and banging out kids every 9 months and 3 days.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I have a brother with 3 boys 5, 1, 1 (twins) so I understand it's hard to ask a 2 year old to act 18. I was merely making a shot at a lifestyle that I neither agree with nor can fully understand--that is getting married super young and banging out kids every 9 months and 3 days.

I never undesrstood it either... But when your priorities are family first, I can see how it happens...

Devel

Just an Outlaw....

haha thats y me and my last gf broke up, she wanted kids i dont (atleast for awhile that is) oh by the way she is 19 and im 20:confused:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
have I mentioned that my uncle has 17 kids, lived in Korea for 3 years, took them on 2000 mile road trips througout Asia while they were there, and did a 14 day camping/road trip accross the US with them all.

It's rediculous to see that family go anywhere, but impressive that they can do it and are usually in control of it all. I've spent some time with them and for the most part it's a pretty well behaved bunch......except for the one that happens to be named Cody who is an adopted member of the family and came from an abusive home and is almost certainly on the path to be a serial killer. Why did the troubled child have to end up with my name?

ok, no more hijacks.

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
......except for the one that happens to be named Cody who is an adopted member of the family and came from an abusive home and is almost certainly on the path to be a serial killer.
ok, no more hijacks.

You should think more highly of yourself!:greg: